Smartglass Issues

I cannot for the life of me get the smartglass to connect to my xbone.  I have a PC and a Phone im trying to use, all are on the same network.  I've used static IP's DHCP, everything.  It was working yesterday.  Today nothing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 95 Applies to:

Same thing with me.  My laptop won't connect. My iPad does though for some reason.  I thought I had read somewhere that the new version of smartglass uses WiFi direct or something like that to bypass the router. I've kinda just accepted that the smartglass app isn't perfect but if there is a fix, I'd love to know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same with me but have never been able to connect with two Surface RT and my Nokia 920. All give same error 0x8000001E or 0x80000006.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your phone is trying to connect through your provider and not wireless you won't get to it. I had that problem, reset my AP and phone and everything started working again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this sounds really stupid and I'm not trying to be rude, but you did download the Smartglass app for the Xbone, right?  I had the old app on my phone from the 360 and just assumed it would work with the One.  There is a different app for the Xbone on the app store.

But for some reason, the stupid app won't find the Xbone without me entering the IP address manually every time.  Haven't messed around with that problem yet.  I'm dealing with all the other issues this console has.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox One app make sure you get the new one.

It works flawless for me. ( one of the few perfect things thus far) Using on Nexus7 2013 on Kitkat 4.4

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the xbone smartlgass app installed. my xbone is connected with an ethernet cable and my phone keeps saying there are no xboxs on my network. but if I unplug the xbox from the network and then connect to it wirelessly and try again, it works immediatly but if I plug my xbox back into the cable the app can't find the xbox again. I've tried entering the IP address and I jsut get  the error message "We can't connect to your console right now." (0x80010001). Did anyone else have this problem or any solutions?

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

I had issues connecting from my iPhone at first. Sometimes I could and sometimes I could not. I plugged the XB1 directly into the router and  that fixed the problem. Another thing to try is inputting the XB1 IP into your Smartglass app...

Sorry this didn't help.