Slowly lost XBL using Firefox -- anyone else?

A few months ago, my computer access to XBL and the XBL Forums was quick and flawless using Firefox as my browser. I was a regular forum user. Then, around the time Microsoft introduced the new forums, XBL got slow and disfunctional on my computer. I figured I just needed to learn how to better use the new forums, or find a newer address for them. Nothing seemed to help. Today, as an experiment, I tried again, this time using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox 6.0. XBL and the XBL forums work great.  Did something happen with recent Firefox updates that ruined connectivity to XBL?    

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

I use FF and every now and again the forums have issues with cookies so I just remove them and its fine again (for a while)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You may want to try to use Google Chrome. I too have noticed that FireFox runs quite slowly on most websites now a days and is a lot slower than it used to be. Google Chrome makes the website run really fast and smoothly, there are some slowdowns here and there but that's to be expected.

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't think it was cookies because my Norton Internet Security periodically cleans them out.  Firefox itself was not slowing down because ALL all other web sites (except XBL) were working just fine.  When I'd try to go to XBL Forums, it would fail to connect and would tell me that my request was too long. I began to wonder if Microsoft was trying to shut the forums down or something, but now see that was not the case.  Very odd.    

Sorry this didn't help.

http request too long, yep same message as mine. Cookies sorts it out but only lasts for days until you have to do it again.

Sorry this didn't help.