slow xbox wont update

i got a older elite console and it works fine offline but when it connects to xbox live it becomes slow and it freezes when ever join a party or view a profile it also wont update with a hard drive error i have been using a usb to keep it up updated. i have cleared the cache and removed the hard drive and put it back in as well my profile works fine on other console i have tried to connect it from different homes with different isp and i have had no luck i think it might be that the hard drive needs to be formatted or replaced but i want  to ask before i try to do that.

(3cd6 0000 d080 0200 8007 045d) was the error this time but it changes around some times.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Attempt the format as some data may be corrupted on the HHD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there, the error code you specify means the following

-

"A storage device (such as a memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

Turn off your console.

Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

Turn on the console"

-

So it seems there could be something wrong with one of the storage devices connected, and are you able to connect you're hard drive to a different console to see if the problem is your hard drive or the console, so you can take an action after that. Replacethe hard drive (or reformat to see if that helps)  or the console

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.