slow xbox live connection (lag)

hi there,

my xbox live connection is really slow and i have no idea whats causing it. i think i have tried everything. i tried turning my router and modem on and off, i have a wired conncetion with fast internet (did a speed test and it was fine) , port forwarderd all the ports, nat type is open, Upnp is enabled, dmz is enabled. i actually dont think its my internet connecting any more, but something else, BUT WHAT!? when im playing MW3 it seems that everybody sees me first. in killcam it seems that they see me like 1 or 2 seconds before i see them... same for COD and MW2. i heard a big creen tv could also cause these problems, since my tv is 52" that could be a problem, but i cant find anything about this on the interent. please help, all the tips and possible solutions help!

thanx 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I know you believe your internet connection is fine, but could you still do another speed test for us and post back your results.  Don't forget the ping time.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi there,

first of all, thanx for the reply. i did the speedtest on the cable wich goes into the xbox, here is the result: [View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1594220670.png] ping: 9 ms download: 73.37 Mb/s upload: 8.87 Mb/s... so thats fine, right? or is it the ping time? the xbox is from the year 2009, but that also shouldnt be the problem right?

i'm looking forward to youre reply!

Sorry this didn't help.

Well your right, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your online connection.  It's twice as fast as mine!  That ping is superb.  Are you suffering lag on only one game or other games?

One of the ways to tell if your connection is laggy is to shoot at the floor, or buildings.  If you see bullet marks straight away, your connection is fine.  Also, if you were suffering lag, your games would have other noticeable issues, such as standing on the spot and other players would see your on screen character as being unresponsive.  Ask someone if you lagging, they would be able tell.

If there are other computers on your network, make sure they aren't downloading or uploading lots of data.  if you're using file sharing, turn it off.  Bit torrent applications can use up huge amounts of bandwidth and can lag on your LIVE connection, no matter how fast your internet connection is.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not your internet connection, it is the other cheaters that we play with.  The only way they can win is by lagging the game.  And to protect the game MSFT, EPIC and whoever runs the server they tell us not to post peeps tags on any of their postings....... it is what it is and it will not be fixed until we stop buying their games.....  I admit I could be the worse player on MW3, however at least I can say the games and peeps that I have won and kill are my own... but it does get frustrating..... Join the club on the research on how can someone know where I am and kill me before I even see them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there lamm!
Are you able to post back with the details of your modem/router, mark&model. Do not mix Port Forwarding, UPnP and DMZ. These features should be set separately. I suggest you turn off UPnP and DMZ. Which ports have you forward? Have you adjusted your TV so it is set to "Game mode" when you play?

Note Make sure your router firmware is up to date (visit manufactures website and see if there is a later version available then your current one).

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, everyone. Please be mindful of the original post date of a thread before replying. This will help prevent the inadvertent bumping of very old threads such as this one (from November 2011). Thank you!

With that said, lamm, please let us know if you need further assistance and we will be happy to help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.