Slow Startup and HDD Unformatting

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a 250GB HDD for my Xbox 360 S. I transferred my content and everything went smoothly. But for some reason, when I booted up the console the next day, this happened:

• 20 minutes of staring at the Xbox ball, mocking me by not doing anything for all that time
  • Another 5 minutes of staring at the "loading" circles
  • Me realizing I was not signed into Xbox LIVE, and in fact did not have a profile on the HDD
  • Or anything
  • My HDD was unformatted

So I reformatted it and turned off/on the console. The exact same thing happened.

Now when I don't have the HDD in the console, it works fine. SO either the problem is the HDD or the socket. The socket can actually move around when I nudge it. If this isn't normal, it's probably the socket, but my suspicions lie on the hard drive. If you guys can help me, thanks a bunch.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there Ferrar! Can you please create a new thread here detailing your issue and any steps you have already tried? We'll be happy to help you there, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, one correction, xbox was unplugged from the wall.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I bought the hdd the 3rd of November and worked fine until the last upgrade when the first time occurred.

The solution: format and download everything again.

All data, profile, progress and downloads lost. So I decided to do all over again, but putting saved games in Web storage and download all again.

Yesterday left during the night the xbox turn on to let the download off both games and games upgrade to continue, since I had to you out. When I return I just turn the xbox off by pushing the power button.

Today, right now, I turn the xbox on to see the download progress, just to find out that the hdd was once more unformatted.

The xbox was not moved. The xbox was not unplugged from power wall. The xbox was just turn on and off.

I also search the forum and Web and found out that this is not the first time it happens.

This can't be a hdd issue since worked fine for a lot of time without a problem and all started after an system update.

Hope this can help.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lucas, and welcome to the new S console. Your experience is obviously not one they'll be singing about for years to come (lol). Personally, I'd take it back to the store as faulty and get a new one. As you have no saved data on it (by the sounds of it), this would probably be your easiest, quickest and most sensible option.

Of course, you can wait for another person to answer this, and/or speak to an official support rep at http://support.xbox.com

Sorry this didn't help.