I know there are already lots of threads on this topic, but I have yet to find a solution in any of them, so I've started another one. :)
Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.
I just bought a new xbox 360 S w/ kinect. Everything works fine except I get poor streaming video; it stops to buffer a lot. I ran a speedtest with the IE app at speedof.me (non-flash) and consistently get around 1.7mb. I have a 50mb cable connection and get stellar results on all other devices. Usually anywhere between 20mb and 50mb.
I have tried:
- Wireless (2 different routers)
- Wired (through router and direct to cable modem)
- Static (public) IP and local IP (dhcp and static).
- Different ethernet cables
- Rebooting all devices (routers, modems, xbox)
- Port forwarding
- Clearing the xbox cache
- Resetting the xbox networking
- Various non flash speedtests (since the xbox can't do flash)
- Talked to my ISP support
- Talked to xbox support
I always get around 1.7mb on the xbox no matter how I connect.
Nobody has had a solution yet.
The only thing I haven't tried is taking the xbox to a friend's house and testing on another internet connection. I'll be doing that this afternoon, but was hoping someone on here would have another suggestion I could try.