Slow Performance - nearing inability to perform (theoretically) simple tasks

Ok, my problem generally is: My x1 is ridiculously slow to ANYTHING other than perform the single "main" task it is executing. 

Background

1. I GET IT (that the only way to clear the cache is to physically power cycle the unit) - 

I think this is absolutely ASININE - user-inconsiderate work-around (even the 360 had a clear cache option) -
but alas I accept that - for whatever reason - the powers that be in X1 development thought - hey they won't need that... 

1A -
In light of the lacking ability to control such a simple system task in any other way - -  I have adopted a new routine - I unplug my X1 EVERY SINGLE night before I go to bed...

With that background in mind I'll move on to my main concern with examples, conclusions I have drawn,  and following questions:

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 1:

Lets say I'm playing CoD its 7AM - the xbox was completely shutdown during the night - presumably the cache is so fresh and so clean - system should be in tip top shape... CoD loads fine, plays fine, but oh wait I want to say "Xbox Snap Party" - the poor machine COME TO A SCREECHING HALT. It is like the X1 is saying WHOA now... wait wait wait... you want me to DO 2 THINGS - I DO NOT THINK I CAN DO THAT!!!
Then in about 30 seconds to 1 minute it will finally acquiesce to my clearly unreasonable request, and return control to me. 

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 2:

OK OK, so maybe it is just Snap Party that's the problem - maybe I'm the problem and it is not the "next generation of gaming console" - OK lets say instead of that task I ask it to "View Player Card" - well the same screeching halt occurs - -
but -  now I get to watch a turning circle in the middle of my screen while this "next generation gaming console"  fumbles around in it's mediocrity to find some way to possibly execute the simple tasks requested by the user... 
Then in about 30 seconds to 1 minute it will finally acquiesce to my clearly unreasonable request, and return control to me. 

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 3:

OK, FINE - maybe it's CoD - and NOT the "next generation gaming console" - Fine I'll bite - let's try something else. So I load Netflix - or Amazon Video - or Hulu - and the EXACT SAME situations occur...

Conclusion's I have Drawn - Please Confirm or Correct me on these as appropriate:

Conclusion 1:

This CAN'T be a cache issue - the cache is clear at this point -

Conclusion 2:

This is not a "just me" issue  - I have at least half a dozen friends telling me they experience the exact same thing... 

Note: Please keep in mind I have reached Conclusion #2 viapurely anecdotal and empirical evidence derived from discussions with other X1 owners/users some of whom own the Day one consoles and others who own later edition consoles

Operative Questions I would love answers to:

Q1:

Is the X1 system just simply over-reaching its capabilities trying to achieve functionality which it is not physically capable of performing?

Q 2:

Is it a problem in the update last released in early March?

(Everyone I talk to that experiences these same problems has confirmed for me that the issue is exceedingly MORE pronounced and problematic since the beginning of March - which is my impression).

Q3: What can be done to remedy the situation?

3A:

Can I test any beta updates and give feedback on performance?
Note: I WANT to love this thing - and the only thing stopping me from LOVING the X1 is ... well... the X1 itself!

3B: 

What can I try - or do - or say OR - God forbid - pay - to improve this performance deficiency???

Disclaimer:

I am NOT out to bash anyone - I just have an opinion that the machine should be capable of delivering a modicum of performance when asked to perform the functions built into its software!

I also have a grave concern that this level of performance - or lack thereof - if it continues -  will ruin the platform for me!  I'll give up on it after a certain point, I don't want to but I'll be forced to due to lack of meaningful functionality. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there that slow response might have to do with the internet connection try restarting your router or modem and see if that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@NJDevils - Admittedly I did not specify any details about my internet connection - but I have tried resetting (power cycling) my modem and router each individually and separately. Neither has changed anything in the response time of the system to commands given via Kinect voice or the controller accessed functions.

Also - I am using direct wired ethernet connection from X1 to router (2013 Asus router - not old or worn out) via certified cat 6 patch cable that I personally tested using Fluke Link Sprinter network tester

Although on sidepoint - power cycling the router and releasing and renewing WAN IP in router does generally produce good results for some multi-player lag issues when I'm noticing they are worse than normal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.