Slow installs, sounds like a printer.

Hi there,

I have an Xbox One 1TB Elite console. Lately it is taking forever to install a game, and whilst installing it makes a sound similar to a printer working. Obviously the disc drive is working hard, but the console used to install games in half the time.

Right now I am installing Xcom 2, it has a 400mb patch, which I'm sure is downloaded, but the game is 34% installed after an hour.

Should I unplug the console for a while?

Cheers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Fembot. For the games not installing you could try to unplug the Xbox for a couple minutes, plug it back in and then see if it starts installing correctly. That said if the Xbox is making a noise like that it's very likely a hardware issue (especially with multiple discs).  That said without actually hearing the noise it's hard to say if it's the hard drive, optical drive, fan, ect. I'm guessing that it's the Blu-ray drive based on your description.

Maybe post a link to a video or something with the noise? You could also check your warranty at https://devicesupport.xbox.com. If you do find that it's for sure a noise that is beyond what a fan would be and it doesn't clear up with air you may want to consider sending it in for repair.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.