Slow downloads

i just purchased Xbox one...i bought the t1 forza bundle....I started downloading yesterday at 2pm 24 hours later I am at 50%... I am using wifi...wondering if it is faster to use a network cable???  This is absolutely rediculiouse....why so long???? i have checked with other internet providers and I have the fastest speed For this area?.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

@sperroww - If you haven't already. Please go ahead and start a new thread with a detailed description of your situation along with any troubleshooting steps you have taken up to this point.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear it.  Can you please run a test at http://www.speedtest.net/ and post back the up and download speeds as well as the Ping result?

Also, a wired connection is always best as you could experience lag with a wireless connection.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I was consistently getting 1.3 Mbps using wifi for an entire day no matter what I did with the DNS and MAC settings, so I tried using ethernet instead and immediately jumped to my normal 27 Mbps. Anyone know why that made a difference? I get 27 Mbps on my laptop using wifi so I don't see why the Xbox should be different.

Sorry this didn't help.