Slow downloads and slow connection in general

Hello, I was hoping someone may be able to help me out.

I have been with my current ISP for many years and have used XBox live over this time with no issues.  I was previously a gold member and recently reverted to silver.  I have noticed that since becoming a silver member, downloads of any kind are unbearable slow.  A 35MB update today took about 45 minutes to download.

I am connecting wirelessly, although the wireless adapter is about 8 feet away from the router and in direct line of sight (i.e. no walls or other obstacles between the wireless adapter and the router), all the ports are correctly opened and forwarded and a speedtest.net test shows a real-world download speed of 12.6 Meg down and 1.2 up.

I also noticed that when I try to stream movie previews, there are many stutters and I usually get the message "Your network connection was lost or has timed out.  Make sure you connnection's working, then try again"

Is there something else I could try, or do XBox Live "throttle" non-gold subscribers?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sounds like a wireless interference issue.  Tried a wired connection?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the advice.  I didn't try a wired connection as the 360 is upstairs and the router downstairs.  But I did change the wireless broadcast mode and channel and this appears to have the speed back up to normal again - will have to check by downloading some content, however, HD is streaming with no pauses or errors as previously encountered.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.