Slow Download Speeds?

My internet is very fast, getting around 120+mb Download speeds and 40mb Upload speeds. On my computer, I can download a 10GB file in about 8 minutes, but on my Xbox, a 400mb file takes 35 minutes? That makes no sense. My Xbox connection is wired and whether I am directly connected to the modem or not, it is still slow. Also, I have no ISP limits in effect, so does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 3, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

microsoft restrict download speed.

^^True. But 35 minutes for a 400mb download? Sounds weird. Took me about 11 minutes to download Happy Wars the other day

I can download a 6GB game in less than 25 minutes on live, it could be down to demographic and if there is a bottleneck to the live servers from where you are.

[quote user="Farscape247"]I can download a 6GB game in less than 25 minutes on live[/quote]

It took me 9 hours to download 6gb a few weeks back and i have a good internet speed compared to most.

6gb 25mins??.....that's extremely fast thru the xbox, highly doubt it :/

Why doubt it? That's a download rate of ~4MB/sec. The 360 can handle that.

I always get a descent speed through the Xbox, but it gets hit if all my kids are on Netflix and I am downloading and the missus is on the ipad on Netflix, if all that is happening then that 6GB in 25 minutes would be over an hour instead.

Ya I am not sure on why there would be a limit in any case. As for the fact that I never get selected for host either on any game with the speeds I have is also beyond me...

on my old speeds of 20/4 I was downloading 6.5 GB in about 30 min or less. I have 60/10 now...

Well Comcast is doubling their speeds soo......