Slow Down Due to Installed Games

For the past two weeks my 360 has been having a lot of issues with slowing way down beyond an acceptable level. Such as the console taking 3-4min to turn on, then another 2-3min for the dash to pop up, and then 3-5min for a game, Netflix or any other app to start up. I first noticed it while playing through the GoW2 campaign as the load times after dieing got to be longer and longer with each successive one, and after some fiddling around (disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive, clearing the cache, deleting unnecessary saves and games I no longer need) I found the cause of it to be the GoW2 install. Upon deleting it everything went back to normal and ran as it always did. However, any games new games I've installed since have had the same effect as well as arcade games I've downloaded.

Any suggestions?

Remember:
Clearing the cache does nothing, being connected or disconnecting from Live has no effect, but the system runs normally when the hard drive isn't connected.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

well the ones you've installed can simply be uninstalled ( re-install them at a later date (but you do know that all installing them to the hard drive does is cut the load time by a bit and make less noise) and as for the arcade games just delete them and redownload them from the download history (located by going into my account on the dashboard)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have done so and been doing so, which is how I discovered the issue in the first place. I'm fine with not installing games to the hard drive, they all run pretty much fine without. I suppose the real issue with it is the arcade games. I've tried deleting and redownloading all the ones causing issues with no change in the results. It would be more than just a little obnoxious to have to remove them from the hard drive, redownloading them only when I wish to play it, then deleting it afterward so then the rest of the system will work.

I dunno if I should try wiping the whole hard drive and start from scratch (might that work?) or just go get a new one, or if there's some other possible solution I'm unaware of.

Sorry this didn't help.

Before investing in a new HDD, it wouldn't hurt to try formatting the hard drive. You can do so by selecting the option form the same menu where you clear the cache. This will remove all of the data from the HDD, so be sure to back up your save files first!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd forgotten entirely I could do that. It took a while to move everything I needed to to the flash drive and back, but so far as I can tell from what all I've tested as of yet, it appears to have fixed it.

Thank you! You saved me a good portion of this week's pay check.

Sorry this didn't help.