Slow Dashboard & Can't Download Game Updates

Hello,

An error that seems to be quite frequent across the globe and even people years ago having a similar issue, and yet I can't find anywhere a solution on fixing it.

For starters, my dashboard is very slow when on my primary XBL GT profile. It loads the guide button page very slowly and then subsequent menus such as messages and friends even slower. It is also very prone to freezing completely in some cases.

On top of that, I cannot update any of the games that I have tried to so far. This issue began when I first went to play Street Fighter X Tekken online and I couldn't download the update. The progress bar fills up very slightly, then it ticks on for a while with no progress before reporting back an error code.

I have also tried downloading an update for Halo Reach today, and it doesn't work. The same problem as described above.

Below are a list of things that I have tried to get this problem fixed:

• Cleared System Cache (multiple times)
  • Cleared up some Hard Drive Space
  • Deleted and Redownloaded XBL GT Profile

Any help is appreciated. This is frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The status code when I get an error on download is:

3974 -0000 - D080 - 0200 - 8007 - 045D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

electrical interference can play a part in a seemingly slow connection. how is your xbox and router placed? if there is a lot of items/electronics between the two, try moving some things around to give the signal a cleaner pathway. then you can try resetting your router. there should be a button on the front you can push to reset. if not, take a pen and push the tiny button that should be found on the back of your router. hold this button for 30 seconds before you release. restart your computer, then restart your xbox. if both of these steps don't work you can contact your provider to see if they are having any reported problems. as this seems to be an ongoing problem, i am wondering what the speed of your connection is, and who your provider might be. faster speeds and widely known companies are going to be able to give you better service. such is life

Sorry this didn't help.

and the only thing that can be done about error codes is to contact MS and to give them the code. they will be able to pull up the necessary information from the numbers you give them to try to solve your problem. 1-800-469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ukMast3r! This particular error code means that a storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Can I have you try the following steps to see if it helps you update your console:

1. Turn off your console.

2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

4. Turn on the console

5. Try updating the console again.

If this doesn't help will you review our "Issues downloading or installing the update?" Sticky post and let us know your results! :)

Sorry this didn't help.