Slow beyond belief

Not sure where to put this more of a complaint then a question. I bought my console about 6 months ago and i have to say im not impressed. not when ive spent £200 on the thing and its slower then my mates old 360 arcade. i cant play any of the NFS titles on the new 360 Slim because at the most i think im pushing about 6fps. Dont mind me but after spending £200 on a GAMING console id expect something with more performance then my Shoe. "HD gaming" my backside. asking myself why i didnt just spend that money on my pc. I have the same problem on Forza 3, PGR 4, F1 2010, Fifa 09, 10, 11, Dirt, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, SBK 08,09 Moto GP 10, GTA IV, Fable 2.

Console: Xbox 360 Slim 250gb

TV: 47" Panasonic Viera

HDMI Cable: Monster Ultimate 1.5m (RECOMMENDED BY MS)

Any idea would be appreciated. (HDD is virtually empty Cleard cache, tried a factory restore)

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sounds like you might need a repair or call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and they can help you with this issue too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you changed your TV setting to Game mode for playing?

This will help with tearing in the game, I could not play HL3 at all on my LED TV when I first purchased it.

It would drive my eyes Nutz.

Sorry this didn't help.

its all been set up properly.. i dare not even run the xbox in full HD mode as its struggling as it is. its driving me nuts. If it was a new pc id bought that was advertised as a GAMING PC id of taken a chainsaw to it and sent it back piece by piece in an envolope labled you can keep this piece of garbage. Its really that bad. "new improved"... compared to what??? "Faster, Cooler, Quieter, Better"....

Asto needing a repair.. If it need to be repaird within 6 months of owning it they can keep it, refund my money il il upgrade my PC instead.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have the HDMI cable connected it should auto detect the tv res and set it to that.

Maybe there is another tv you could hook it up to and see if the xbox runs any better on it.

Have you tried clearing the system cache;

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah done both as part of my own trouble shoot. the cache is empty and the tv doesnt make a difference. connected it to my 37" LG... also tried a projector still slow as hell.

and at this point im beggining to ask myself why there is a support forums if no one from te support team is there to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Phone Xbox Support to arrange a repair or you can get an exchange from the store you got it from, if you are still under warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.