Slim Power Supply Noise

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well i dont see your question but... Your power supply shouldn't make any noise. You have a faulty PS get it exchanged before your warranty runs out and you have other problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems their was an error when you made the post if you could edit this post with information we would be happy to help out

Sorry this didn't help.

Recently I sent my 360 slim to be repaired under service request 1156620222. The problem I was having is exactly the same as this youtube video:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCR9MeIY6N4&feature=related]

Since I could not tell if the problem was being caused by the console I sent in the console and the power supply and clearly documented the problem in the service request AND provided the same documentation inside the shipping container. Apparently neither of these were read by your repair staff since the original power supply was returned unrepaired. I called your support line and their solution was for me to return the power supply a second time to Texas but this time I have to pay the shipping. This is a ridiculous requirement. The UPS store quoted me $30 to package and ship this item. I can understand this policy with controllers and headsets but there is no market for used broken power supplies. I offered to let the person hear the noise over the phone but they refused. I have owned 5 consoles now, including the original, and if your support for brand loyalty is to treat me like I'm a thief you can consider this console to be my last.

Sorry this didn't help.

All we can tell you is that you need to send in your power supply (under warranty) to get the problem fixed. If you need to explain the issue to Xbox Customer Support via phone you can contact them:

• Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269
  • Direct dial: (425) 635-7180
  • Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102

Phone assistance is available:

• 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
  • 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

If you have any other problems or you want to attempt to try the Xbox LIVE Support Chat, feel free to ask an Xbox LIVE Ambassador. You can do that by clicking the Technical Support link in my signature. Maybe one will be able to help you there, maybe circumstances will change and an answer to the problem will appear. I am terribly sorry this problem is insisting for you and I hope things will work out for the better!

Sorry this didn't help.