Slim hard drive transfer to another slim hard drive

I bought an Xbox slim that came with the 4GB hard drive, realising it wasn't enough I went out and bought the 250 GB HDD.

These hard drives are different to the normal Xbox 360 HDDs and the transfer cable won't work on them, how do I go about transferring from one slim HDD to the other?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

[quote user="Idolism"]I bought an Xbox slim that came with the 4GB hard drive,[/quote]The 4GB 360 S does not come with a HDD. It comes with a 4GB internal flash drive that is not user-removable. There is nothing in the HDD bay.[quote]These hard drives are different to the normal Xbox 360 HDDs and the transfer cable won't work on them[/quote]Correct. The physical interface connecting the HDD to the console is standard SATA+power, versus the proprietary connector the original console HDD used.[quote]how do I go about transferring from one slim HDD to the other?[/quote]Currently, you cannot. One option is to create a USB Memory Unit and Copy or Move all game saves and your profile to the USB MU. Once on the USB MU you can either just plug it into the new console and use it from there, or plug it in and Copy/Move the data to the new console's HDD.

DLC can be re-downloaded to the new console. Game installs from DVD cannot be moved between storage devices at all. They'll have to be reinstalled.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, so I can just put my HDD in and leave the MU in there?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you can put the 250GB HDD into the 4GB 360 S HDD bay. The only thing you should notice is that every game will ask you where it should put your save game the first time you save.

Sorry this didn't help.