Slim freezes on dashboard after a few minutes. No issues when playing games though.

This is really odd.  My Slim will freeze anywhere on the dashboard....Avatar editor, system settings, whatever.  However, when I play a game, it doesn't freeze at all.

I've removed the hard drive and it still freezes.  I've cleared the cache and that doesn't fix it.  I've even done the left bumper, right bumper x, left bumper right bumper x when the HDD is highlighted for it to delete and reinstall the latest dashboard update and it doesn't fix it.

I've tried to do a USB flash drive dashboard update but can't get it to work.  The Slim won't recognize the FAT32 formatted flash drive.

I don't think it's a corrupted profile because I have no profile loaded when it freezes (without the HDD).  I'm wondering if it would take a major dashboard update to fix it.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

To redownload your profile, go to settings- system- storage- (where your account is, probably the hard drive)- profiles and delete the affected profile. A dialog box will pop up, PRESS DELETE PROFILE ONLY OTHERWISE YOU LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF!!!!, then press xbox guide- sign in- download profile or recover gamertag- follow the onscreen instructions. your profile will download and sign in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that didn't fix it.  :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Lock! Did you try clearing your cache in between deleting your profile and redownloading it? If not, I'd try that. Here's a on How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache. Do it in this order: Delete Profile Only, Clear Cache, Restart Cosole, Redownload Profile.

Let us know how that works! 

Sorry this didn't help.