Slim 4gb no wireless adapter?

hello i have a slim 360 with the built in wireless...yet when i go to connect to the wireless option it says that i need to connect a wireless adapter to use the wireless connection??? i though the slim has it built in? i tried updating the xbox and still nothing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Conch! I understand your new S model console isn't connecting to your wireless network properly. First thing I'd like you to do is try resetting your console's network settings to see if that helps. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
  2. If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, unplug it from your console.
  3. Turn on the console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults
    Note This will only reset the network settings. This will not affect any other console settings.
  9. Turn off your console.
  10. If you were using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, plug it back into the USB port.
  11. Turn on the console.
    Wireless connection only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
  12. Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If that does not help, we can test to see if the adapter you have built-in is functioning properly. To do this, can you try connecting your console to a different network entirely to see if you have the same issues. If you see the same issues there, I would suggest sending in your console for repair. Additionally, if you know someone else with the same model console, have them try connecting on your network to see if they can. If they have the same issue on your network, then there is most likely a network issue that we can address. Let me know how this goes, thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.