Skyrim for £4.99 (trading MW3)

I am seriously considering doing this tomorrow but do not know what to do.....

Should i stick with COD which makes me mad from time to time, or should i go with skyrim??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The question would firstly be why does COD make you mad

Personally from what I've played of Skyrim so far it's a stunning game, I'd be very surprised that come the end of December if I'm not saying it's my Game Of The Year.

Now I've not played MW3 so I can't speak from my own experience, only from what I've heard about it from friends and family and reading forums/game sites etc, for me though no matter what game it is that I'm not getting on with I would try and give a little bit more time than what you have with MW3, obviously though if it's making you that mad everytime you play then I would go for the trade.

[quote user="pesty13"]

The question would firstly be why does COD make you mad

[/quote]

I am a fan of the COD series and like MW3 as it reminds me of MW2. I think online could be amazing but find myself shouting things at the tv in random tourette style outbreaks...... My most recent on was a guy who i saw first and he decided to jump and go prone mid air?? I found myself shouting " What you doing down there... Dropped your *** card!! " What i am turning in to?

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

Personally from what I've played of Skyrim so far it's a stunning game, I'd be very surprised that come the end of December if I'm not saying it's my Game Of The Year.

Now I've not played MW3 so I can't speak from my own experience, only from what I've heard about it from friends and family and reading forums/game sites etc, for me though no matter what game it is that I'm not getting on with I would try and give a little bit more time than what you have with MW3, obviously though if it's making you that mad everytime you play then I would go for the trade.

[/quote]

I was planning to buy Skyrim for Christmas as i decided that by then any bugs would have been patched, but i really need this asap. Looks quite amazing and looks to have definitely changed since oblivion. The offer is on till the 17/11/11 so will do MW3 till then i think and see if my opinion has changed. As i have waited for this game to come out with lots of hype, i am reluctant to go off to hastily trade this in to save money on what would been a pressie of the missus anyway. 

I'm gonna try and finish the campaign tonight and trade this in tomorrow. DCR, if you have a HMV near to where you live you'll be best off going there as Skyrim will only cost you £3 when you trade MW3 in. Better still, if you have a  CEX in the same town Skyrim will only cost £1 because HMV will beat CEX's trade in price (£36) by a pound and Skyrim is only £37.99 in HMV. Winner!!!

---------

I don't dislike MW3, it's just the maps aren't great and the more I play of the story, the more I'm starting to go off the game. I hate the way the majority of the gamerscore is aimed at Veteran difficulty players, yet the game targets the multiplayer experience.

----------

I know people hate MP achievements, but surely this game/franchise should have 80% of achievements aimed to towards the core base of their game? They could vary the achievements and reward people for their efforts, make them use different weapons, prestiging etc. A ton of achievements could be created.

----------

I'll miss Kill Confirmed if I go back to MW2. That is all.

I can't see how anybody could ever trade in a COD game over another game. But then that's me, as for me COD is all about gaming,it's Fast, Frantic,adrenalin pumping action which I find exhausting but fun.

@ DCR3005

Like I said before I can't comment from 'personal' experience with MW3 but Skyrim is stunning, I wish I could find a better word for it and upto yet from what I've played I've found/seen no bugs or glitches in it! No other game this year ( And this could quite possibly turn into 'No Other Game On The 360' ) has had me addicted like Skyrim and for anyone that knows me will know that's saying something because of how  much I'm still loving Battlefield 3 and Forza 4.

Skyrim will £20 GoTY Edition in January with probably £20 worth of DLC on the disc, wait it out that's what I'm doing.

I would keep mw3 and also pick up skyrim, my skyrim came yesterday while i was at work and was too big for the letter box, so i will be picking it up in an hour or so :)

There's no chance that skyrim will be £20 as a GOTY edition with £20 of dlc in January, there is a bigger chance of me winning the lottery than that

i swaped bf3 for skyrim, + £5. only had a tiny go on skyrim but WOW ! can see many an hour to come on that ... as for mw3, i see that as the only online shooter ill go back to (like all cods) , i had bf3 for a week or 2 and spent 90% of the time in online play running to action and 10% getting killed by snipers :) yeah its very tactical but i much prefer cod :) id keep mw3 and get skyrim !

so true, and even oblivion has held a good value considering how old it is now !