Sky Player - Xbox

Hi,

I have Sky + HD and I have recently set up the Sky Player on my xbox.

Everything works fine, I sigend in on my xbox using my Sky ID  and I can now happily watch Sky Sports upstairs on my xbox with no problem.

However I have noticed that on my xbox I can watch channels that I cannot watch downstairs through my Sky+ Box.

For example I do not pay for ESPN but I can watch espn on my xbox.

Ths obviously isn't really a problem BUT I want to make sure that I am not going to get charged for having extra channels on my xbox.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Crunx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Crunx! No thats fine! The Sky TV package that I use Sky GO from doesn't include ESPN either, but I can watch it on my Xbox too, with no billing issues.

However be advised that ESPN channel on Sky GO is the worse video quality known to man - tried to watch the Arsenal match on Saturday was like watching red fuzzy blob vs. black fuzzy blob.

What the hell how can you watch espn. I cant and i have sky hd + multiroom.

[quote user="TBWz White Ops"]

What the hell how can you watch espn. I cant and i have sky hd + multiroom.

[/quote]Ive no idea sir. Im not the account holder (my uncle is), but he definitely doesn't have ESPN on his Sky TV package, but I sure do when I use his Sky ID for Sky GO on Xbox. Been well over a year now too. *shrugs*

Yeah I am really confused.

I also seem to be able to watch skymovies that are listed in the 'on demand' section. I am not paying for skymovies on my sky account and I can still watch them even though it says "available to users who are paying for sky movies 1 and 2".

I hoping that they are not secretly charging me but sureley they would have to warn you if they were.

Crunx

Hey, as long as it says "Price: FREE" then you've no worries. I have noticed one or two documentaries have a small fee, but I dunno if that is just those or if they're out of package.

FYI: All Sky GO on Xbox community features (Planner, Friends, Recommends, Likes) have been re-activated! =)

I just wish my internet could handle watching Sky on the Xbox; hate living out in the sticks now....well only cos off the internet speed!

[quote user="Crunx"]

Hi,

For example I do not pay for ESPN but I can watch espn on my xbox.

Ths obviously isn't really a problem BUT I want to make sure that I am not going to get charged for having extra channels on my xbox.

[/quote]

Be careful you are not being charged, I have been with Sky for years and had several issues, but, you can watch ESPN Classic, you should have to subscribe to get ESPN, but don't rock the boat if you're not getting charged and have the full ESPN package.

[quote user="Philip1979"]

I just wish my internet could handle watching Sky on the Xbox; hate living out in the sticks now....well only cos off the internet speed!

[/quote]Your not the only one who has problems i just live out side the town in east sussex and i can only watch sky go if no one is on the computer or laptop.

I live in South West Devon, and my internet is total rubbish yet I pay the same price as BT Infinity Customers only to have a much worse service than any other area ...

I can only watch Sky GO on the crap quality level, otherwise it just keeps pausing to buffer