Sky on Xbox

I've had a quick look around but couldn't find an answer to this. Is the basic Sky programming now free to Live Gold members? I bought a Sky Go monthly ticket at the end of last year, but didn't renew it as I thought the service was dire. The audio was out of sync with the picture and, generally, it wasn't worth the money.

Anyway, I cancelled the monthly ticket after one month, but I've been able to still log in via the Xbox and watch all the channels from the guide (other than movies and sport).

I've checked and double checked, and my account status under my account on the Sky Go website shows my one month's subscription at the end of last year (which is expired), but also says that I have no active subscriptions. There have been no further payments taken from my credit card either.

So I was wondering whether this is an account ***-up (in which case I'm not complaining), or Sky's basic programming is free to Xbox Live Gold members and I've just missed the announcement.

Any ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Once you have a Sky satellite subscription & an active XBox gold account , you should be able to watch any channel on XBox Sky that is available on your satellite with your current package.