Sky Hub wired connection issues

Hello,

I'm having trouble connecting to xbox live with a wired connection to the sky hub. Wireless seems to connect fine however the router is 1 foot away from the xbox so wired makes much more sense.

The text xbox live connection function on the xbox 360 passes network, passes internet and then gets an xbox live connection error at the final step. 

I've got uPnP enabled on my router but no joy. I've also opened ports 80, 53, 3074 and 88. As per instructions on this: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live page. I still get the same error despite restarting all of the hardware.

Has anyone else had this issue or knows how to resolve it?

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

@hex ten hey hey

As I understand, You can use wireless connection without any problems, but when You use wired connection, You can't connect to Xbox Live, I'm right?

First of all, I need to ask, if Your issue is going on right now or it's fixed already? Thanks.

If not we will start troubleshooting of Your network connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, on Wireless it works perfectly however when I put the RJ45 into the back of the xbox and start everything up again it fails to connect to xbox live. I thought it might be ports to be forwarded but did all that and still nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

@hex ten

Can You do network test, when You use Your wired connection? If so, please post results here, like where connection is can't be established, then press Y button and post advanced information.

Sorry this didn't help.