SKY GO-NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Sky go which use to be sky player is beginning to get stupid there's too many shows being blocked out.

For instance sky get 5 premiere's every week which two or more get blocked out so this can be up to 2hours and the stupid thing is they seem to block out show on other channel at same time so u either have to watch something else or if there's nothing on at all switch off.

There even doing it on the sport channels now like espn the block out MLB Baseball which is can be off ages.

to pay between £20-£50 pounds for a service a month, that certain channels can be off(well off i mean, a stupid writing that says this is unavalable to sky player/go customers and no picture what so ever)so even if u have paid for all the channels this will still happen.

Its more or less forcing you to get sky tv as all or most of the decent shows are unviewable and to add insult to injury some of the ON-DEMAND films n shows you have to pay for even though there on sky(house-star gate ect)and have paid already.

Would they do this on normal  TV I dont think so.

please look into be u get it as you will be very disapointed otherwise

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

sky on its own isn't worth the money.

'this programme isnt available on sky player' is something that pisses me off a lot with sky pla....sky go. annoyingly i've noticed they also tend to advertise the films that aren't available on the dashboard as a way to entice people on to it.

another bit that annoys me is, when i've been watching an omnibus of a series it will show a certain amount of episodes and then come the third episode or what ever you get the "this programme is not available on sky player". wtf? i was just watching it!

and don't get me started on the having armageddon in the  martial arts box set. lol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

It's licensing again. For example Channel 4 have the terrestrial rights for The Simpsons, so that show gets blocked on the Sky Player aka Sky Go.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nothing gets blocked if you subscribe to sky tv,sky go is then just an extra you get for free.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Blocking the broadcast of some programmes has always been part & parcel of Sky Player, now Go.

The only benefit I can see of they're rebranding is now that access is free to all Sky TV subscribers, whereas before you needed multiroom or Max broadband for free access, and now you can stream to two devices simultaneously - but I can't get an answer if that now means 2 Xboxs as I can't post on the New official Sky forums (not the subscriber, see?).

helpforum.sky.com/.../skygo_using

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

do you really pay between £20-£50 for sky player if you don't have sky tv? It's cheaper to subscribe to Sky TV....

We pay ~£65 per month for every sky tv channel (including HD) except sports and food/style channels, sky ultimate broadband, sky talk, and phone line rental

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

Blocking the broadcast of some programmes has always been part & parcel of Sky Player, now Go.

The only benefit I can see of they're rebranding is now that access is free to all Sky TV subscribers, whereas before you needed multiroom or Max broadband for free access, and now you can stream to two devices simultaneously - but I can't get an answer if that now means 2 Xboxs as I can't post on the New official Sky forums (not the subscriber, see?).

helpforum.sky.com/.../skygo_using

[/quote]

So anyone who is with SKY can watch Live TV on the Xbox and other content, as long as they have the required package?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

So anyone who is with SKY can watch Live TV on the Xbox and other content, as long as they have the required package?

[/quote]

[quote]Sky Go has replaced the Sky Mobile TV service as well as Sky Player. Once the app is available you will be able to download this from the iTunes App Store and view content on your iPhone as one of your registered devices for the service.

We hope to have more information regarding the availability of the Sky Go app soon and will post an update on the forum when we have this.

Sky Go is free for Sky TV customers and you will be able to access content in line with your subscription from the selection of channels that are available on the service.

The difference between Sky Player and Sky Go is that it's now free for all Sky TV customers where Sky Player required you to have Multiroom or Sky Broadband and you can watch live tv on up to 2 registered devices at the same time where as Sky Player only allowed this on one registered device.[/quote]http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Using-Sky-Go/What-s-the-difference-between-Sky-Go-amp-Sky-Player/td-p/119015

That's what I understand from that, yeah!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[/quote]

This has always been the case, even if you don't have sky broadband. One person can be watching live football on sky player while another is watching it live via the sky box. Although this doesn't seem to relate to the OP.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="liiami"]

[/quote]

This has always been the case, even if you don't have sky broadband. One person can be watching live football on sky player while another is watching it live via the sky box. Although this doesn't seem to relate to the OP.

[/quote]

I don't think so. You were not able to watch live TV, unless you had SKY multiroom or SKY broadband.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not true, my brother logs into sky player to watch live football, while my father watches it downstairs on the tv.

They don't have sky multiroom, they have BT broadband.

However, the subscription is to Sky World, so they get every channel.

Double Edit: The only time it doesn't work is if my dad decides to watch football via sky player on his laptop, then my brother gets booted off sky player on his xbox.

This is the only limitation they have come across.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 8 Applies to: