Sky Go..... Another loss to PS4!

Just read an article from Sky stating that it will be bringing the Sky Go app to the PS4. But no mention of anything for the xbox one.. Earlier this week I read that the forthcoming Watchdogs game will not be in high def on the Xbox One like it is on the PS4! I'm starting to worry that the Xbox One is going to be left behind by the PS4 and that I have made a big mistake in investing in one. It's a shame because I honestly thought that through all the blustering from Sony about their system having superior processors, graphics card etc., that Microsoft would shine through. It does not appear that they will at the moment though. Please don't tell me that Microsoft are hoping that titles such as Halo will ensure customer loyalty. Because I for one will be trading my Xbox One in for the PS4 if something isn't done soon to address the balance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im not bothered on what console get what. I own both consoles so I will either watch it on the 360 or the ps4. P.S I own all consoles so I have no problems with any of them.

Not everyone has that sort of money to waste on consoles

Luckily I brought me console to play games, :)

Considering how much more the Xbox One can do in terms of media and interface, the sky go app has to be optimised better than the crap they have on the Xbox 360. Thus the playstation app is to be announced now, but not the Xbox One yet. Mind you the PlayStations have never had a sky go app for years so they have been crying for it, so as a PR move, Sky announced it as a gift to them.

Ditching Xbox One at this very early stage is unwise and knee jerk reactions to negative news is weak. It won't help anyone and the grass always looks green on the other side regardless which side of the fence you are on. Both consoles need time to mature as their predecessors did and they need strong willed users to stick by them through it.

Have patience my fickle friend, good things are yet to come. :)

Sky have not said that the app is not coming to Xbox One, so just chill out OP :)

If thats how you feel get a ps4, i did and dont regret it one bit.

Sky Go and Now TV are both coming to Xbox One. Though no official announcement has been made, I would think they would be aiming to release it before the World Cup, Which would make the most sense

twitter.com/.../461841741445083136

Sky seem to suggest there are no plans for it to come to the One at this time in an email in another thread about apps on this site and I couldnt see anything in that Twitter feed that said it was coming?

forums.xbox.com/.../1723042.aspx

4th Post down, by a NOW TV Rep. I would find it hard to believe they would release one app and not the other. Especially after announcing it on PS4. Or maybe they are doing something different with this built in Xbox One Guide, who knows! we will find out in Summer!

NOW TV ‏@NOWTV  · 22h  

@shepaldinho Hi Ryan, We will be launching on Xbox One however, we'll announce more information closer to the launch date. ^SM

Edit: ^ What he said lol.