Situation Problem

Bit of a story to help you understand my situation.

I've been a gold member for about half a decade. After awhile I got a PS3 when it got cheaper after many exclusive titles have been building up over the years. That said and done I have played the exclusive titles I want and I let my gold membership expire. My situation is that anything short of a AAA online exclusive game I would just get it on the PS3. I prefer the 360 due to a cleaner and faster online not to mention a more sophisticated controller but there are many times where I had membership and only played offline games before. As people get older then make better money choices. If Gears of War 3 wasn't an exclusive I would buy it for the PS3. But seeing how it is an exclusive that I consider AAA then I would be willing to renew my gold membership. But in the long run, just giving my prospective where the xbox 360 stands.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'd also prefer and willing to pay a one time fee for certain games to have unlimited online use instead of a more expensive glorified fee to just play one or two titles with a time limit that also rips you off unless you get the highest amount for the best deal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Short time limit to edit but:

Its cheaper to have a PS3 than to have gold membership for a long time. It is only reasonable to only have gold membership on very few exceptions. As a result it only makes sense to only get PS3 games besides those very few exceptions. Being cheap is being realistic to your common gamer. If it were say a present or something that wouldn't matter, but chances are you would give a Wii to a kid.

All that aside I'm not expecting anything but just saying this situation has already taken effect for me. Now if only the PS3 had better controllers, cheaper and easy to use mics, more AAA exclusives I would probably only stick with that from now on. There is rather a big difference from loading time but that's basically the only difference besides preference from gold membership and free psn.

Sorry this didn't help.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and decisions, but there is a lot more to Xbox LIVE Gold than just playing online. I regularly use Zune, Netflix, Hulu, Gold-exclusive deals, and Kinect Video Chat. Plus with the abundance of LIVE time promos on the dashboard you can get your year of LIVE up to 40% at certain times. Just check your Dashboard (specifically the Spotlight and Community channels) for LIVE promos that are available to you at this time. If you have any issues or questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.