Simply cannot connect after trying all the tests and following all the advice threads

Hi,

I am trying to connect ot xbox live to play COD WAW, or try to play it hoping I won't come across any cheats, but I simply cannot sign into xbox live.

I am signed into this forum OK, but I just cannot get into xbox live to play a game.

I have started and restarted my xbox several times, have unpugged and replugged my network cables to my router and xbox several times, have started and restarted my router several times, have checked my internet connection and it is fine as I am able to access this forum and anywhere else on the net.

I have run the test connection on the xbox several times and it connects fine to my router each time but it fails at connecting to xbox live.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? -  I am in the UK
Modem brand & model number:  - I am using a Netgear ADSL router
Router brand & model number: -  I am using a Netgear ADSL router - not going to post the exact model in a public forum
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired - I have a wired connection
Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown - Yes
Is NAT Type Open? - Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: - No error messages in router
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? - I have an ADSL connection with 10MB download
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? IDNET
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?- It says 'There's a problem with your connection. Select more info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it'. When I click on more info it tells me 'Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the xbox live servers or xbox.com'

So I read the forum post on how to correct this DNS Server error, followed it exactly by restoring my xbox network settings to factory default, switching off my router and my xbox, pwering my router back on, waiting a good minute, then powering up my xbox again and, guess what, I still can't connect to xbox live.

So I re-run the xbox test connectio a few more times and it now comes up with a different error message telling me that my MTU is not beig enough but my MTU in my router is far higher than the minimum xbox requirement.

So I am going around in circles, able to access the internet, my email and anything I want via my router & my internet connection except for xbox live.

My xbox is picking up all my router settings in terms of automatically obtaining an IP Address and my DNS Servers from my router.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Thank you,

RA.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried working through the MTU guide as well?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Roissy Angel"]

Router brand & model number: -  I am using a Netgear ADSL router - not going to post the exact model in a public forum

[/quote]

Hi,

We are going to need the exact model to help you, its impossible to identify you from just a model of router. Its like saying you drive a Ford Focus. So don't worry about posting up that information

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I tried logging in this evening - twice I could not connect to xbox live but on the third attempt it connected fine. No settings have changed since yesterday.

I then wasted an hour of my life trying to play COD World At War but every single game was full of the flying invincible cheats.

Thanks for replying, but the connection issue looks solved for now touch wood.

I just have to find a xbox live game that is not wrecked by loads of people with mods and scrolling text across the screen.

RA.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am haveing this same problem right now, I am useing a  Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router that works for everything except now suddenly I cant connect to XBOX live at all and have tried the same things as this guy. Anybody know anything to fix this? Model F5D9230-4

Sorry this didn't help.