Similar situation, kinda frustrated!!

So I'm in a similar situation myself, and Ive tried everything I can think of short of calling support. Basically my dilemma is this: I created my xbox live account(CURIOUSAPOLLO) with a HOTMAI.COM account, forgetting the 'L' like an idiot, and everything worked fine. All i wanted to do, was change the email address linked to my account, so I created a HOTMAIL account and even though I got confirmation that its changed, I cannot access my account on Smart glass, Xbox.com or anywhere. If I try to sign in with the hotmai.com, it tells me the address is invalid(duh) and if I try my hotmail, it says I don't have Xbox live. WTF gives? Even after i post this it will probably show the username/Gamer tag that i was given AFTER changing my email address(ROMANTICELK1) which is NOT what I want. Now maybe I'm doing something totally wrong, but on MY xbox, it shows my new address and my gamer tag in the upper left corner and I can access Netflix, Live, and everything like before, but when I try to sign in into my account on my roommates xbox(he's got the bigger TV), it gives me the 'wrong password or this account doesn't have live jargon. All i want to do is have universal access to my account on both systems, and Im totally confused. Is this a merger issue? Do I have to delete my Live account from his Xbox and re-download my profile? WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Apollo,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your account e-mail.

It sounds like you might have created a new account with your hotmail e-mail rather than changing your e-mail on the original account.

You can find a few solutions in our guide on how to Change your Xbox LIVE account information or How to switch a gamertag to another Microsoft account.

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.