Signing in issues

I get on my Xbox the past few days and my account signs in when it feels like it. Tonight I'm looking into it more as I'm over it, but the only thing it points to is the connection to Xbox live its self and once I have signed in it does tell me there is technical difficulties and I won't be able to use some Xbox live features. I brought the Xbox on one of its selling points that it can stream media over a network from shared content in windows and I love this feature but it won't let me play media unless I am connected to my windows live account, but since live is constantly telling me they are having technical difficulties I can't play a simple video from windows because of it. Why do I pay for this service if it dosent work for days straight?!?!?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you are playing a movie trough the Windows Media Player or Media center, its no need to login to your account. I don't know where the xbox is and where the computer is but in case its wireless, make sure that or your xbox or your computer is wires and that the wireless connection device is not standing far from the router.

If you want to stay online during playing a movie for instance receiving messages or getting a request for a private chat from your friends, then you should take a look at this page for connection improvements. support.xbox.com/.../performance

Oh and a ... I thought silver was free?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The issues stems from Bright House Network and Road Runner performing what they would call routine schedule maintenance of their networks, trunks, and backbones connections.

It impacts both BHN issued cable modems and customer owed cable modems.

This maintenance usually occurs during random non-peak usage hours which can be late night or even midday depending on the system branch that you are located.

This was and is true from back when I was a cable modem field technician back with Charter Communications down in Miami.

I have BHN in Orlando, FL and I experience this disconnect issues as well.

During this maintenance time you might not be able to connect to the XBOX Live services and servers even though you are able to connect to the internet.

This is normal as they perform the needed adjustments.

I remember when I was a field technician and we had to do this maintenance we prevented high bandwidth usage services from connecting to ensure that we had enough bandwidth to maintain internet

connectivity for all of our subscribers until we finished our maintenance.

It is best just to wait it out and call if it last more than 4 hours and if happens consistently as this may be more than just routine maintenance. In the case of maintenance,

it does not matter how you are connected to the modem or even rebooting your router and modem as any attempts will not resolve the inability to connect to XBOX Live until the maintenance is complete.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.