I am a long lasting veteran of Xbox Live. I have owned it from the beginning, and kept the account renewed at all times. I have never had connection issues outside of problems on my own end, ones that I am capable of fixing. Since I moved most of my gaming to single-player or PC gaming, my mother has taken up the Xbox for Netflix.

Recently, as in for the last year, my mother has had issues on a weekly basis. At random, the Netflix will disconnect and require us to buy a gold subscription. (The renewal is in September.) On the days this occurs, it will demand this of us every 5 minutes to the point that my crippled mother is incapable of doing anything. All she can do on those days is sit in her chair and suffer all day long because there is nothing to keep her mind off the pain. All. Day. Long. this isnt once a day, it is literally every 5 minutes. as soon as she gets the account back up into xbox live, it will do it again.

this happens for an entire day, once a week, every week, for the last year. We have kept a calendar up to keep track just to prove to ourselves how the pattern exists, and it is mind boggingly accurate. It is random in regards to when in the week, but it happens every week without exception. It has almost been a year now since it started.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A quick solution. Turn off automatic renewal for Xbox LIVE gold.

forums.xbox.com/.../130588.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.