Sign in with an existing profile

Hi. I'm new to xbox so excuse my ignorance. I have my profile on my Xbox 360 and I've never connected my Xbox to the internet until now. I have my Xbox live account opened from xbox.com when I go to join Xbox live it says "this Live ID is assigned to another gamer tag" or something like that. Is there a way to link the two accounts? I mean the one on my xbox and this one. Without losing trophies of course. Also I tried to sign up with my Gmail account and it tells me "This email is already a Live ID do you wanna link it to xbox live" or something like that. But I press "OK" and it takes me back to where I should put my Email. and I re do this all over again. so am I missing something here?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Good day, what you need to do is to download the profile you created on xbox.com to the xbox. To do this click this link  forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx and follow the instructions for downloading the profile to the xbox. There's no way to link the two accounts. You can either download the one you created on the site or you can just sign into the one on the xbox, click the silver button on the controller and select join xbox live then follow the instructions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So, you've already entered your email address to create an account. You can not link the two accounts.

If you want to use the email you used to create dado eyad, you'd have to download the profile and free up the microsoft account/windows live id. After 30 days you'd be able to put the email on your offline profile.

You wouldn't be able to use the dado eyad gamertag unless you change it (paid service) first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Every gamertag must have a unique Microsoft Account (formerly known as the Windows Live ID).

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay how about the other thing. The gmail Email won't work either

Sorry this didn't help.

When was your account created? More or less than 30 days ago?

If < 30 days, you have to wait until the account is 30 days old to change the Microsoft Account used for your gamertag.

If > 30 days ago, then go to your console, sign in with your profile, then tap on the silver guide button and go two clicks to the right to Settings and choose Account Management. Then, two more clicks to your right once in Account Management to get to Account Security where you can select Change Windows Live ID (soon to be Change Microsoft Account) and put your @GMAIL.COM account in there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Viboplex, what the hell are you talking about?

The problem with my gmail is that I can't sign up with it. it says "This email is already a live ID do you want to create xbox Live with it"

Sorry this didn't help.

The message I get when I try to use my gmail is "This email address is already a Windows Live ID. Do you want to use it with your Xbox LIVE account" options available are "OK" and "Exit Signup" I choose "OK" and takes me back to where I write my email.

Sorry this didn't help.

So it is probably asking for your password there.

Sorry this didn't help.