Sign-in Errors - READ ME FIRST

Hey Everyone!

It's your friendly neighborhood Party God here with a simple guide to troubleshooting your sign-in error codes!

Why won't my Xbox let me sign into my GT?!?!

So you were signed in and racking up killstreaks yesterday, but today your Xbox refuses to let you sign in and insists that you need to verify your account info? Don't worry! This is normal and a simple issue to fix. The reason you're getting prompted to update your account is related to an awesome new security method being rolled out to all Xbox users! The new requirements need multiple account recovery options or "Proofs" to be configured on your Microsoft Account. This is so that if you forget your password or your account becomes *gasp* compromised there are multiple ways to validate your identity and get you back in what you love most, your Xbox!

So what should I do now Party God?

That's a great question! First of all you should avoid panicking at all cost! If you are in a state of panic take deep breaths and go to your happy place. Better? Great! Let's move on to getting it working again! What follows is my grand pappy's home brewed, often-imitated but never duplicated, sure-fire guide to getting your account out of the Danger Zone.

First it's important that you read THIS support article about updating your account security. Once you have a good idea of what you need to update you can go to https://account.live.com/proofs/manage and login to your account. Here you can check your account proofs and add or confirm anything that may need updated. I can't stress enough that under your Password and Security settings it's critical you check to see if any E-mail addresses or Phone Numbers have an option to Confirm. If they do following the steps from that Confirm link will clear up most sign-in issues.

Once you update your account I'd recommend clearing your system cache (maybe even 2-3 times) and redownloading the profile to ensure an up-to-date copy is on the Xbox. To do this follow these simple steps:

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache. (Rinse and repeat 2-3 times for added potency)
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

I followed your Grand Pappy's advice and it's not working still. 

In that case you may need to try a few additional steps. If your Xbox 360 has a removable HDD try removing the drive, clearing any dust from the connector, and reseat said HDD. The process varies depending on which Xbox you have.

Those who have an original Xbox 360 reference this guide:

Remove a hard drive from the original Xbox 360 console

1. Turn off the console.
  2. Locate the hard drive on the top of the console (or on the left side, depending on how the console is oriented).

Note Not all Xbox 360 consoles include a hard drive.

1. Press the release button on the hard drive.
  1. Lift the hard drive away from the console.

And for those who have an Xbox 360 S reference this guide instead:

Remove a hard drive from an Xbox 360 S console

1. Turn off the console.
  2. Position the console horizontally.
  3. On the right side of the console, locate the hard drive cover release. It is close to the back of the console.
  4. Slide the release toward the front of the console, while pulling the hard drive door open.
  1. Pull the tab to remove the hard drive.
  1. Replace the hard drive cover before turning the console back on.

After you remove and replace your HDD try clearing the system cache and redownload the GT in question again and try signing in.

Well I did all that and it still won't work. What gives?

I always say no two problems are identical. Sometimes they can be incredibly similar, but there's always a unique variable (such as Cthulhu's wraith) that could be causing something different for your GT. If the above steps don't get things working go ahead and post here with more information about what makes your situation unique and we'll assist you in everyway possible! Maybe you'll get lucky and the Party God himself may swoop in and fill you with the energy of a thousand partying demons. You will become so overloaded with party energy that you'll demolish every Xbox issue in your path!

Happy gaming and as always if you have any questions feel free to ask the community!

Cheers!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

very helpful thanks for info..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you!  I was so sick of typing in email and password with the Dpad and it not working time and time again.  This fixed it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much Party and Pappy, your advice worked fantastic, wouldn't of figured it out without you so thanks heaps mate :)

Sorry this didn't help.

still didnt work for me. and now my profile is gone

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks thanks!!!! i allmost  killed my self! But now its working!

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing helped awesome now I don't get to play today. Done this about 5 times.

Sorry this didn't help.

See answer in your other post.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not working for me I followed the advice and when I went to redownload my profile I did everything correctly and it said the usual HI DADRUGSARNTMINE! but then close to halfway through it stopped and said (exact quote) "Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles cant be downloaded right now. Try again later. 80151011" I then tried again later but it still didn't work. Now my account is technically lost forever right now. Please HELP me!

Sorry this didn't help.

worked great to clear the cache thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

DADRUGSARNTMINE if the problem persists, please create your own new thread in forum 03, the appropriate forum for this problem  http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.