Sign-in / dashboard loading issue

Hello to all.

I have had this issue since the new dashboard update and looking on the forums here I see I am not the only one. The more threads, the more likely it is to be fixed (or less likely it is to be ignored) so I'm starting another describing my issue exactly. Especially since some of the other threads have been marked as answered when they clearly are not.

As other threads say, auto sign in doesn't work but this is clearly only because of the sign in issue in general which is the main problem. When i sign in (regardless of auto sign in settings) it gets stuck on the loading screen indefinitely (only guide button will work). The only way to get dashboard to load is switch console off and on (doesn't always work) or load a game or app then quit to dashboard (does always work). strangely it doesn't always happen, sometimes i get signed in correctly but it is very rare.

Also when downloading updates for games it is either unable to sign me back in or I get error message saying unable to download and status code 3F45-0000-D080-0200-8007-2751. Again this is not every time but 80% at least. Once again, signing in seems to be the trouble.

My console is 320gb slim (GoW version) connected to internet via wire. I have tried deleting profile, clearing system items (all) and performing system update via usb stick (as advised by the help info on xbox.com about the mentioned error code), none of which made any difference.  I was not part of the dashboard beta although i did receive an invite. I have no internet or connection issues, streaming and gaming online on xbox are fine (once i finally get there!), ps3 and 2 pc's are all working as normal.

What started as an annoying sign in issue has become VERY annoying since I cannot update any games or apps.

Xbox please help me and all the others solve this issue.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Greetings Frenzy!

Have you add and update the Security info for your Microsoft account?

Appreciate if you could provide a little more information. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem with the sticky dashboard. 1 Xbox live account, 2 local accounts. Happens on any of them. Its only occurred since the latest major update. I've tried Allsorts, short of re-formatting my HDD. currently unplugged my kinect, and seems to be ok so far, but from all the posts on the Internet, this seems to be a huge issue which I do t think will be resolved until a patch is released by Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings taidara, thanks for the reply. I did 'add and update the Security info for your Microsoft account' when I received the major update. I just received another dashboard update so I will wait to see if it has fixed things. If not I will provide the other info you requested. It seems very unlikely that the problem is my internet as I can connect to xbox live every time, its the dashboard not loading that's the problem. Any connection test I have run recently since the major update has been fine.

Thanks again. I will report back regarding the update I just received.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there LethargicFrenzy,

Thanks for bringing your issue here to the forums for us to help you out.

I see you mention that you "cleared all system items". By that, do you mean that you deleted the System items from your console's memory, or did you do a clear of the system's cache? If you haven't tried a clear of the system cache, give that a go.  Here are steps on How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.  After doing that, restart your console then move on to the nitty-gritty in the next step I offer here.

That error code that you are getting when you try to do updates pertains to an issue with your console's connection to your home network. Typically, a simple network restart will help with that.  If the network restart doesn't help, give the steps in our Xbox LIVE Connection Solution a try.  It's a pretty handy troubleshooter when you find your having issues with your LIVE connection. 

Give those steps a shot, and let us know if they help you out with your issue.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Parks.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still have the dashboard loading issue. Still gets stuck on the spinning symbol after signing in.

I had already tried clearing the cache.

The dashboard update I mentioned previously made no difference. I redownloaded my profile and cleared the cache again just to be sure, but no joy.

The network restart seems to have fixed the update error code issue, at least so far, but didn't help the dashboard issue. Maybe update issue was unrelated, it only happened once and I had the dashboard thing way before.

I went through the Connection Solution link in your post but it is all related to connection problems. I can always connect to Xbox Live even when the dashboard fails to load and gets stuck on the spinning symbol. The guide menu still works and says I'm signed in, I can join parties and once I've loaded a game from the guide menu and quit back to the dashboard it will load fine.

All connection tests have no problems.

Sorry I think I confused things by calling the thread 'Sign-in/ dashboard loading issue' because technically I get signed in every time but the dashboard gets stuck on the spinning symbol.

This issue appeared the day I received the New dashboard update and set up the new security info stuff, which I did immediately after getting the update. So it seems very likely its one or both of those.

Any more help is greatly appreciated. Its getting very annoying to have to load up a game just to quit so I can access the dashboard, marketplace etc.

Thanks again and I will check back here soon

Sorry this didn't help.

Remove your hard drive, fire up the xbox without it, deny any update or connection it tries to make.

Turn it off again, put the HD back in, and fire it up as you normally would.

This seems to clear the problem for some people.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Parks.

Still have this issue and its still driving me mad. Nothing tried so far has made any difference. I tried 'Jameser78' suggestion but it has also made no difference. I tried skipping sign ins to see if it still happened and it does. So even without my profile involved it still cant load the dashboard. I am all out of ideas. Please help! Or at least tell me a fix is coming, more and more people seem to be getting this problem since the dashboard update.

Thanks in advance

Sorry this didn't help.

Now hitman absolution and worms revolution's save data have corrupted because the console crashed when the games tried to load my save file. Does this mean my hard drive is broken/breaking? I really hope not, I'm already on my fourth console thanks to RRoD.

Dashboard still doesn't load 90% of the time. Previous issue persists.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem as this person. What is going on? How do we fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its been a long time since any official response. What IS going on?!

Sorry this didn't help.