Sigh..banned without cause

my console was banned yesterday. I understand ms has a my house my rules mindset, but I've never downloaded anything except from their marketplace, I've never hacked or cheated at any game, I rarely talk ingame unless I have a friend I'm in private chat with. My console was banned for NO reason. Sometimes big companies make mistakes, (you enter 100,000 console serial numbers to ban your gonna have a few typos)but what gets me is that there is no recourse for me to follow, nor does ms provide even an email saying why. The xbox I use has never been opened or any changes made to it and to be honest I wouldn't even begin to know how. I am all for keeping gamin communities legit and free of cheaters, but ms has dropped the ball this time. P.s. If u look at my ingame scrores, I'm just an average gamer at best so go figure

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

as you know, you have no recourse and no appeal.

your main options are:

1)  Continue to use the banned xbox offline (no Live)

2)  Buy a new one and transfer everything over (you should not lose any gamertag content, save games, etc.), making sure that any content you transfer is legitimate so it doesn't happen again.

3)  Stop using xbox products.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand my options, i still feel as an open forum I should be able express and relate my experiences and concerns. I know that all my xbox live purchases (which over 3 years is well over $500) were downloaded directly from the marketplace. No other downloads or changes  were done. No ingame fighting or abuse. As for Microsoft products, I'm fortunate enough to have a reserve xbox, (red ring replacement) but as for buying more Microsoft product in the future this has taken a loyal and dedicated xbox gamer and turned my experience with them from an A to a D-

Sorry this didn't help.

These aren't typos that are made, you did something that caused your console to get banned. Even if it was one thing in your mind that you think wasn't that bad, downloading something unauthorized, modifying in some way, opening the console up in some way. Something was done that caused your console to get banned and not be able to connect to XBOX Live. Everyone is saying they are innocent and they are going to cause a big storm and a big mess on Microsoft but yet no one is taking any sort of action, because they know in the back of their mind they had to have done something wrong in order for this to happen and opening a court case will just show you yourself that you did something wrong and leave you with a large bill. If you've entered in to game lobbies where noticed weird things happening or something of that sort you should have switched off your XBOX 360 not continued to play, most people think that's harmless but it's not. There's just a reason for it and it's just not possible to appeal, no one sits there and types it they capture enough evidence to ban you and then it's executed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Taking any sort of action? What are we supposed to do? lol Its not like we can start up a court case against a giant like microsoft within a few hours of an event taking place? lol

& Hassassin, people are getting banned without reason. You just don't see it that way because your on the other side.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not an open or public forum - you are here bc you agreed to the TOS and COC

Sorry this didn't help.

I did agree to both the terms of service and the code of conduct and I have followed both.  And while I understand what you are saying assassin, I did not do anything (openining of xbox..download anything..harass anyone etc.) otherwise I wouldn't even take the time to be here. All of the people who just blindly say ms never makes a mistake are just plain wrong and in my shoes you would feel the exact same frustration. I don't really know what else to say, I have no recourse, I havnt done anything wrong so I guess it's just a losing battle. It's just a shame becase I really did enjoy my experience with xbox up until this point.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a public forum. You have the right to post here as long as you follow the rules. You are correct. There are several factors in a console ban that we will never know. If you buy a used Xbox you never know if or when you may get a unit ban. The can ban you for the DVD drive replacements not being done by a authorized center. I agree there are so many reasons a ban can happen, it would be nice to know why one was. I do however understand that they can't reply to every single person out there and still police the networks. I also know they spend a much longer time looking into a possible ban on a unit, more so then they do an account. I don't have any proof of that other then reading the forums over the years.

Sorry this didn't help.

A public forum = where you don't need to register or agree to anything and can post what ever you please

A private forum = any forum that you I agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Don't think of private as invite only b/c its not like that.

Sorry this didn't help.

I see what you mean by that ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox.com Terms of Use

This is what everyone agrees to follow when they post here.

Sorry this didn't help.