Should Xbox bring Facebook IM to Xbox Live?

I've lowkey always wanted to use IM services on Xbox Live, but too bad it's only for live and hotmail contacts, and who really uses that? But if they added a Facebook Instant Messenger that would be pretty sweet for some of those Shut-in days when I still wanna stay social. Would you use it? Do you think it would be a good feature? And I mean IM anytime like while playing games, or watching movies.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MS could just allow FB Messenger to connect to the Messenger on Xbox for those that want it.

For the rest of us, NO.

[quote user="BuCcaNeerZ"]

What ever happen to the Facebook app it was on the xbox a while back , now i cant find it under apps or nowhere in the dashboard. Guess they removed it.

[/quote]

They got rid of it a few years ago either with this last dashboard update or the one before

People who use facebook constantly to talk about their life have some serious issues...

What ever happen to the Facebook app it was on the xbox a while back , now i cant find it under apps or nowhere in the dashboard. Guess they removed it.

Yep, or just log into your Facebook on a PC, I don't want to run my whole social life through my Xbox!

[quote user="Marwood II 87"]

NO!

[/quote]
Agreed. Why not just use the 360's messaging, OP?

yes beacause most people on your facebook do not have xbox live and if your girls on you can still talk to her and your best friends.

[quote user="Sole Survivor1"]

I've lowkey always wanted to use IM services on Xbox Live, but too bad it's only for live and hotmail contacts, and who really uses that? But if they added a Facebook Instant Messenger that would be pretty sweet for some of those Shut-in days when I still wanna stay social. Would you use it? Do you think it would be a good feature? And I mean IM anytime like while playing games, or watching movies.

[/quote]

Meh i been using that for years myself... Facebook is meh

Since the Xbox 360 is trying to be an all in one device it should have a variety of messaging services available.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It takes me forever to type out messages already sans a chatpad, so it wouldn't be for me.