Should Multiplayer Be Removed For ACIII?

Do you think it should be removed? Me personally, I think it should be, after all it seems this game looks very very single player based, lets hope, what do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why should it be removed.....the SP is a solid experience and the MP gives something in addition to that, like it used to be in gaming..not a poor 5 hour SP story because they know people only buy the game for the same old MP. Its something you can leave alone and still have a great SP game play

For me ever since Brotherhood had multiplayer included it spoiled it, I liked the first two AC games but when multiplayer got added it ruined it.

Some games don't need multiplayer to be good they could have a reasonable single player. For me AC games should be single player only.

As long as it doesn't detract from the single player I'm not fussed I will continue to ignore it

I Hope Its On 3 Discs. Its MAssive, and that you can install discs 2 and 3, and run off 1 , it bewilders me and angers me so much that theres disc swaps, i think you should have both options, to play off all 3, or install 2 and 3 and run off 1.

On the main discussion, I felt the single player lacked. (revelations)

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

For me ever since Brotherhood had multiplayer included it spoiled it, I liked the first two AC games but when multiplayer got added it ruined it.

Some games don't need multiplayer to be good they could have a reasonable single player. For me AC games should be single player only.

[/quote]

How did the addition of MP ruin the games...it was something you either played or you didnt, at no time did it take away from the SP story or experience...it was refined in Revelations and it still didnt ruin the story or SP experience.

Although, will be honest enough to say, that as a result of the MP, the Uplay now acts as an online pass and most of the DLC released for Revelations has been MP focused but again...playing it or not playing it doesnt impact on the SP

I agree that multidisc games should has a non-playable 'install' disc and a playing disc. PS3 and PSP games have had mandatory installs for a good while now, so I don't see what the problem is.

-

Regarding OP's question, I dunno. What I played of Brotherhood felt a little phoned-in. I don't know if not having MP would have helped that or not.

Like Charmer said, you either play it or don't.

When  I had BroHood from LoveFilm, I played perhaps 2 games of MP.  I didn't rent it to play the MP.

The thing which ruined the game for me was the fact I bought and read the book by Oliver Bowden before I got the game.  So I knew what happened to Ezio (Desmond wasn't in the book) before I played the game.

I need to get Relevation's at some point too...

For me, last words on this...Assassin's Creed is a SP game with MP...rather then an MP game with some sort of SP thrown in

thinking that this will be a preorder for me!