should i buy this or wait for support/cheaper method, what do you think?

Hi all I have a built-in dvb-t2 freeview tuner in my tv that does not have hdmi output.  So I can't use the x1 for tv viewing with my current setup, I need a seperate dvb-t2 freeview set-top box so I can output the hdmi to the x1.  Now I really didn't want to clutter up my front room with another big black box so I'm looking at the slimline tuners such as:

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/10804305165675101675?client=ms-android-h3g-gb&q=hd+freeview+box#specs

Trouble is the slimlines are more expensive so should I wait to see if MS will put their heads together with Samsung(my tv make) to create a patch for the tv to turn one of the hdmi inputs into an output, providing this isn't limited by hardware.  Or perhaps MS or third-party accessory makers will churn out a uk specific mini tuner to plug into the hdmi in on the x1.  Or do you think that MS will support usb pc tuners at some point?

What would you do?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="WhosYaDaddy888"]should I wait to see if MS will put their heads together with Samsung(my tv make) to create a patch for the tv to turn one of the hdmi inputs into an output,[/quote]Can't happen.[quote]providing this isn't limited by hardware.[/quote]It is.[quote]What would you do?[/quote]Not use the Xbox One to watch TV at this time.