Sharing Gold on X1 and 360

I recently upgraded to the X1 and want to move the 360 to another room to use Netflix.  My family account just ran out so mine is the only Gold account in the house.  Is it possible for someone to watch Netflix on the 360 while I play games on the X1 or do I have to buy another gold membership just for Netflix?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

As long as your account is the one logged in on the 360 they will be able to watch Netflix while you play and watch things on the Xbox One.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bill, one of the improvements with xbox live gold on the xbox one is only one family member  needs a gold subscription for the entire family to use the benefits.

While signed into the xbox one  with your gold memberships GT set the console as the home console. Anyone else signed in from that point will  have access to gold features.

This will allow you to continue  playing on your 360 while others  do anything on the one.  You should also be able to watch  Netflix from both consoles simultaneously.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a gold membership on my account (adult) on X1, but the accounts of my kids (set up in x1 family) can not take advantage of my gold membership. They are allowed to play multi player games (specified by their security settings) but they always get the "Your gaming profile does not have permission to use xbox live functionality..." or something like that....

Pls help!

Sorry this didn't help.