Share gold account on 2 xboxes in same house at same time?

Evening.

Trying to set up 2 xboxes in my house so that my partner and i can play no mans sky MP together.

We’ve done the home xbox set up etc, and can share digital games succesfully, but cant join each other in a game. On both consoles, when I use them, it shows my gold is up and working, whenever my partner is signed in, it never shows that she has gold and only that she can buy it.

i thought that gold can be shared on 2 xboxes in the same home? Am i wrong, or doing something seriously wrong? Watched a lot of youtube setups and looks identical to me, but refusing to play ball.

Thanks!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Choppy,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue involving the use of the Xbox Live membership on two Xbox One consoles.

If the home console is setup appropriately, and is not functioning fully we would like to suggest checking to ensure that there are not two accounts set as the home as this will cause an interruption between the two involving what gets shared to that console.

Check this for us and let us know if this resolved the issue or if further assistance is needed.

Best wishes!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey XBF,

thanks for the quick reply.

so how we’ve got it currently set up is that the X is set as my partners home console with my profile signed in, and the S is then set as my home console with my partner signed into it.

Ive added her into my family as well and that is showing ok, looked into the account settings and restrictions for both users also, and again, they look good also. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you both part of the same "family group"?
Ackis - Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. If it helped out, please upvote it.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ackis,

Definitely. Checked both profiles and also received an email from MS confirming it earlier tonight.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Choppy,

Thanks for keeping us updated! You do seem to have everything set up correctly, regarding the home console settings. On your partners profile, it will not show up like they have a subscription since they technically don't. However, your partner should be able to get online as if they did have the subscription. can you test this out with a different game aside from No mans sky?

Let us know the results!

Happy Gaming!
Chris ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chris.

i tried world of tanks earlier (not much else installed on the S!) and that also would only give SP options. Whenever i tried the MP option it wouldnt do anything. 

Is it possible that it could just be a network delay of some kind affecting the profiles? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, you only need to have the Xbox that she is going to use, set as your Home Xbox. Ensure your profile is set (on her Xbox) to signed off, as you can only be signed in on one Xbox. To play multiplayer games together, you will need to open a party and invite her to play.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried restarting both consoles?

Doing so might just resolve the issue. If not you can always try a power cycle.

Hopefully the issue is resolved shortly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your problem doesn't sound like it's anything with the Home Xbox settings. It seems like you've got that much figured out (if your partner has downloaded the game without paying for it then the Home Sharing is working). 

Have you checked on the NAT Type for both consoles? Settings -> Network -> Network Settings 

It should show your NAT type in the center section. It should be OPEN not MODERATE OR STRICT.

I have previously experienced issues like this with two consoles in the same house. If your NAT type is not open, please send your router/modem models so we can get an idea of your network setup.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Some routers don't play well when two Xbox consoles try to do multiplayer together inside the same network. 

So to test, that your partner is able to use your shared Xbox Live Gold membership, have your partner simply start a Party. A gold membership is required to start a party, and if you successfully shared your Gold membership to her console, she should be able to start the party. 

If that doesn't work, sign in with your own Gold account, and again check in the settings under Personalization that your partner's Xbox One S is indeed your Home Console. 

If she is able to create a party, go to each of your console's network settings, and under the advanced network settings, try to set a different Xbox Live Port for your consoles. If you want to play with two consoles in the same household, each console should use a different Port to listen to Xbox Live data. 

If your router supports UPnP, you should be done (but just restart all your consoles and the router for good measure). 

If the router doesn't support UPnP, you might have to set up port forwarding rules for each custom port of your consoles, and forward the respective ports to the proper console's IP.

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2023 Views 23,203 Applies to: