Shame on You Microsoft for your Repair Policy - now I am totally screwed with a faulty power supply

Well, just spent the last 2 hours+ on the phone and chat with Microsoft support after my power supply died 4 days into owning this POS !

I went thru the troubleshooting effort and didnt resolve the issue...so

I got online with Chat and that wasn’t very helpful and her only suggestion was options but no details...

So, I call the 1800 number and explain the issue.

The begins rep tells me they do not send out advance accessories, PLUS I have to pay the shipping SERIOUSLY !!

Then it will take 10-15 days to get the replacement power brick...SERIOUSLY !

Now I'm really mad...$%&*

So, I call Best Buy where I purchased the POS intending to take it back and they proceed to tell me they can replace/refund the console but then I'm out $250 for 4 games they can’t take back. Also, they don't have any units and wont for 2 weeks.

I have never in my life experienced an incompetent policy and lack of caring about the customer period as I have right now..and hell I cant even buy a power supply  unit on my own and have it over nighted..What sense does that make.

If I wasn’t going to get screwed all the way around no matter which why I choose to resolve this...I would show up at Redmond with this POS in a thousand pieces 100 of my Harley buddys right on their door step..UNF%&*ing  believable

I cannot believe I spent over $600 and now because cheap hardware and a BS policy that clearly shows Microsoft true colors, I'm screwed again..SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT!

OH You havent heard the last from me either...I will be heading to the local newspaper and tv stations to provide the public this info so they dont get screwed before xmas. I will make sure with every breath I have that people know the crap MS is pulling and make it my job to insure people dont buy Xbox one !

SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT !

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

It's frustrating that your power supply isn't working correctly.

It doesn't appear to be a known fault.

Order yourself a new power brick, pay for the shipping and get the details for Head Office Complaints.

Write a respectful complaint letter and wait for your brick to arrive.

You'll be playing the XBox ONE again before Christmas and you ought to get some sort of compensation from MS if you word your letter appropriately.

The alternative is you can not have an XBox ONE and complain how much you hate Microsoft because you were the victim of an accident.

It's frustrating but you can't change anything and the steps above sound like the best steps towards getting you playing again.

Hope it all works out for you buddy.

Az

Dude, sorry for the faulty power brick.....now take a few deep breaths, relax a bit.....the world is still spinning.....it is just a gaming console, not a medical device keeping your heart alive. Best of luck.

Yeah your problem with the power brick sucks and is not a very common known issue .....But hey it beats waiting a month for your RROD 360 to come back...i can do 10-15 days!! if it was the blu ray drive being faulty like many were...MS would gave you a free digital download of a game plus you keep your xbox until a spare arrives at your place so you can play the spare while MS fixes your original X1!! but cant do that if its the power brick i guess...

Waiting 2 weeks to get a brand new one from Best Buy doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all.  If I were you, that's what I'd do, but I agree with others that you should chill out... it's not the end of the world.  

;

ALL launch consoles have lemons... ALL of them.  They did last generation, and they did this generation (PS4 has WAY more issues on launch than the xbox one).  

;

BTW, the issue you're having isn't at all related to MS's policy... it's supply and demand.  These are sold out everywhere and in high demand so it takes a long time to get replacements.

Han on completely was un aware of a shipping charge. My kinect broke and a new one is on its way. I thought it all just shows up as a pending transaction in your acc. The rep I spoke to never once stated to me any excess charges. Plz explain you have me worried.

[quote user="DJ SANDSTORM407"]

Yeah your problem with the power brick sucks and is not a very common known issue .....But hey it beats waiting a month for your RROD 360 to come back...i can do 10-15 days!! if it was the blu ray drive being faulty like many were...MS would gave you a free digital download of a game plus you keep your xbox until a spare arrives at your place so you can play the spare while MS fixes your original X1!! but cant do that if its the power brick i guess...

[/quote]

Just wanted to clarify it's not a spare they are sending you.  They send you a new console and take the one wiht the broken drive back.  You can play on your broken one though till your new console arrives with the digital game they give you.   Also they authorize the price of the console on a credit card to take advantage of the quick replacement deal.  When they receive the broken one they remove the authorization.