Shady business

Microsoft continues to automatically charge me for a live subscription even after setting it to manual.  You [mod removed] in microsoft purposely make us jump through hoops to change certain settings.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well thanks you 2 for the suggestions.  I finally managed to turn off auto renewal.  I remember setting it to "off" last year. So it should of never automatically charge me.  I don't know why we can't just change this setting from our consoles.  Since we enter our credit/paypal info from the console anyways.  I don't have a problem paying for live but having it set to "auto renewal" by default is pretty dirty.  I want to be in control of when I renew.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there DanieI P!  Glad you could get it sorted. There are a couple things that can re-enable auto renewal, the most common is adding a prepaid code before the subscription that had been set to renew is over. In any case, I definitely hear you about not wanting to be on auto-renew when you thought that was turned off!  You can totally drop the suggestion for any changes over here: forums.xbox.com/.../133.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

You can only turn off auto-renew on Xbox.com by signing into your WLID. If you have problems with your WLID or the proof it's asking you to verify you need to go to account.live.com and update your security.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Daniel P Hey there :)

Okay, can you go ahead and follow the steps in THIS guide, to ensure that you do actually have auto-renewal turned off. There is also the option to check your billings over at https://commerce.microsoft.com to see all of your transactions. You can also remove any of your payment methods from within there.

If none of the above works and you find yourself having trouble with auto renewal or your billing portal, then you will have to go and contact phone support and ask to be put through to the billing department. No one on these forums can help you 'directly' with billing issues.

Lastly, please do not swear on the forums. Although it may of been censored out, it is still against the forum rules to use profane language.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Sorry this didn't help.