Sexual harrasment on Xbox Live: can't find the gamer tag to report

I can't seem to find the correct place to post this.

I didn't have any problems with other people on Xbox Live until today (haven't had the Xbox for long however). It's like today I've been sexually harrassed two times. The first time was in a text message and I reported it, so no problem.

However just some minutes ago someone started saying nasty things in my party chat, someone else invited him. I don't have this person on my frfiends list and I forgot to write down the gamer tag before kicking him out so now i can't report him.

Guess that won't change what happened and I should just block communications if this user further contacts me. However I would like to help keep this network a friendly and save place also for females, so if there's a way I can look up who was in the party and get his gamer tag, that would be nice.

I've had my Xbox since New Year's eve and I've been very happy with it, as well as the Xbox live network. I found people there to be very nice and willing to help out ith beginner problems, as well as the servers seem stable.

Today has however not been a good experience.                                             

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I am sorry for what happen, and would love to help find the person, but sadly there is no way to look back at who was in your party unless you happen to have been recording your gameplay (if you did, you would just watch the video up until you saw the Gamertag in the video).

-

You were right though, you should black communications and report the player.

-

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reaction.

No it was like, I had my own xbox voice party for people to join, I was mainly expecting the people I usually play with to show up but seems they weren't online last night. I forgot to set it to Invite Only, but still okay, as long as only people on my friend list can join it that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

However one "friend" joined this party, who I just met and hadn't talked to.. he was behaving kinda childish, said he was 18 but was going on bragging like "hey I finished that game 3 times", yet changing the subject when I actually asked him a simple question about a mission. Was planning to wait till he leaved and then setting it to invite only, after all he really didn't do anything wrong except for being a kid, didn't want to be rude and kick him. However then he invited a friend of his I didn't know. And that one invited another friend. And that's where things went wrong.

I hope on the new Xbox generations Microsoft rethinks this issue. You totally loose control if just anyone in your chat can invite people you don't know, and they do on their turn. Ended up kicking everyone out in the end. I should've written down the gamer tag of the offending user, but at first it was difficult to figure out exactly who was saying these things, and when i knew I wanted them out immediately.

So well I guess there's no way to report this person. I did however find this more threatening than the first one who just sent me an offending text message (the one I did in fact report).

I've been on the Internet since I was 14 and I know such things can happen, these things happened back in the days on IRC, now if you don't watch your friends list closely, it can happen on Facebook also. It never happened to me as I reeally know the people on my friends list on Facebook, but of course I've heard about people who got harrassed.

Normally I would just block and forget it, but in voice chat I simply find this a little different. Even though these people might be at the other side of the world, it simply doens't feel like that and it can ruin your evening really.

I don't have friends in real life who have Xbox (well probably I do have, I just don't know yet), most are on Playstation. So when I first wanted to play online, I did find people through meeting places on the Internet, carefully exploring which ones seemed okay to me and I haven't had any problems with that. Through them I met new people.. it actually went fine for me although I was wary.

It's just when you're in party chat and everyone can invite just anyone that I feel like I have no control at all.

I do believe the fact that the Xbox Live network is a paying network just makes it a little safer, or at least I hoped it would. You don't want to misbehave and get banned from a service you payed for, right? So I believe it's really important for all people who get harrassed to actually report this, so that we can eventually keep these kind of people out until they learn better manners;

Sorry this didn't help.

I approve this ^

Sorry this didn't help.