Several Problems - Severely irritated

I bought my xbox one january and while I was excited at first, I am now extremely disappointed.  I purposely waited until the new year for any launch issues to be resolved and to my dismay many still remain.  Let me be clear that I don't expect a solution for all of this but I do find these issues unacceptable given how well the 360 performed for me.

1. Party chat doesn't work.  I've forwarded ports, NAT is open, quit all apps before launching party etc.  Tried all the possible solutions I can find on the internet, still nothing.  Again, given the performance of parties on 360 this should've been an absolutely functional feature.

2. Voice chat in games is spotty, mic from the headset AND the kinect both cut out due to ???.  I basically play with the headset mic touching the right corner of my mouth, friends say I cut out.  My friends also cut out when I'm playing with them.  Nobody is on dial up, nobody has four computers mining bitcoins running at once, nothing, not even torrents running.....why is this a problem?

3. My wired headset is suprisingly unsupported.  The adapter that was just announced is useless to me since my tv has only a digital output off ***, which requires me to invest more money to play video games at ear shattering decibels.  Why was it a problem to keep the same audio features?  Why must I now spend even more money than I already have to play video games? Your system costs more than the PS4 remember?

4. My TV keeps crashing(shutting off suddenly and turning back on), the screen will glitch and overlay a previous image flickering over the new ones, the entire screen will freeze, the screen will turn everything red, and other minor glitches.  TV works perfectly fine with the 360 using the hd cables, dvd players etc.  I've updated the firmware for the tv, changed the settings etc.  I purchased new hdmi cables, changed the port I plug the xbox into on the tv as well.  I've scoured the manufacturers website and there's no documentation on this.  I've emailed them but I'll be suprised if the response I get isn't 'idk buy a new tv lolol'.  Which I will not do.

5. The controller is already losing responsiveness in the B button(meaning it doesn't click anyone, it softly presses down and slowly comes back up).  Nothings been spilled on it, no drool inside, no semen, no nothing.  It's been almost a month and this is already becoming an issue?  I had a total of three 360 controllers in 7 years.  I broke two being an idiot and the other just lost tension in the right thumbstick over time.

6. Kinect commands take 3 tries to use or don't work.  I assume this is me not perfectly matching the pitch I use for setup/calibration so we'll chalk this one up as half and half fault.

7.  The UI is ridiculous.  Why do I care about my friends turning on their netflix an hour ago when I open the friends app?  You could've copied the old friends layouts, slapped new colors on it and new font and nobody would've cared.  Stop trying to 'innovate' where you don't need to.

I never once complained about the 360 or any issues I had with it.  I bought two consoles, one red ringed after 3 years and the other had to be sent in for a repair due to an error code.  That's fine! Things break I get it.  However, the lack of forethought or critical thinking on your part, Microsoft, is astounding.  The fact that the system is incompatible with previous hardware as well as previous games is unacceptable.  The fact that myself(the consumer) is required to invest a modest amount of time and several hundred dollars just to meet YOUR ideal hardware setup(headsets, adapters, tvs, hdmi cables) to use YOUR console is outrageous.  I am very disappointed and find it unacceptable that a console you have designed to replace the millions of 360s being used is ten steps backward at two months after launch.  

Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try a "Soft Reset"

Press consoles power button for 5-10 seconds. Wait 30 seconds, then press again to boot up. Wait for longer boot up screen. Hopefully this takes care of your issues. Good Luck!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For your first complaint, in my experience if one person in your party has a "strict" NAT, then you often cannot turn on party chat at all. Doesn't matter how many people are in your party, if one is "strict", chat gets stuck off. I partied up with two friends who also have Xbox One's, and one of them was having trouble opening his NAT. We could chat just fine until he tried to start playing a game... then party chat would shut down for all 3 of us and was completely disabled until he left the party.

In general, I also find myself scratching my head at many of the decisions Microsoft made with this console. So much of it just seems like a HUGE step backwards compared to the 360 (I can't even stream media from my laptop!). On one hand, I bought a new piece of technology a couple months after it came out and I pretty much expect that it will have some growing pains (both in software and hardware) in the first 6 months or even year after release. But on the other.... Microsoft had such a stellar system in regards to online play, communicating with friends, media, etc on the 360, and there was absolutely no reason for them to mess with it. Build on what you've established, don't uproot the things that everyone loved and start messing with them when they were perfect to begin with.

I sincerely hope Microsoft is listening to us early adopters (let's face it, we're basically paying $500+ to beta test the thing), because if they don't make some major changes and put out a lot of updates to this thing in the coming months, Sony is going to be leaving them in the dust. They're asking us to pay $100 more than the competition while they remove (or completely screw up) the features that made us love the 360 to begin with. That's a tough pill to swallow. The X1 has a lot of potential and could be one *** of a console, but it's not there yet and needs a lot of work.... fast.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I tried to solve the problem several times in my live however already for some time after the change of my Brazil account for account of India can no longer download game whitch gold lost the game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons and Sniper Elite V2 does not download at all also does not enter the list of downloads. If possible please change my account again to Brazil and release these past downloads. For so has error message each time.

Sorry this didn't help.