Setting up xbox 360 live

We got a xbox 360/250GB for Christmas.  It is for my 12 yr old son.  We could not set it up under his name and email.  First I had to go xbox.com to set up a profile using my normal email address.  Then I was told I had to set up a MICROSOFT email address because it didn't like my regular AOL one.  I set that up. So now I have an address ending in outlook.com.

It won't recognize my normal address and will not let us access it.  The message is "This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile, try a different account." 

This makes no sense at all.  It will not accept my password on the aol account & won't allow the outlook account.  How do you get thru this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Since you created the account on the website and not the console, you'll need to download the gamertag to the console - support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How do I set up my xbox live account to my xbox 360?

Sorry this didn't help.

TastyNeptune087;

You really should create your own threads rather than resurrecting one that is so old. As you've already got an account now, just click the link that Smwutches posted and follow the instructions there to download the profile to your console.

Sorry this didn't help.