Setting up a new hard drive for slim model

I just purchased a used hard drive and I am not able to get it to show up.  Is there anything special that I am supposed to do to set it up?  I have a slim 4gb model, I am upgrading from a 60gb hard drive to a 320.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your problem.

But, the obvious question is:  Is it the correct hard drive model for your console?

If it is, are you getting any error messages when you plug in the drive?

Since the drive is used, there is a chance that it could be defective/crashed.  Have you tried to reformat it?  Or does it show up at all?

If it does, then go to System, Storage, select the drive and Press Y, then Reformat.

Hopefully, this will repair the problem.  Otherwise, you will need to return the drive and have them exchange it for another drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First off, I need to say that with the slim you should not have had a 60 gb hard drive.  Anything smaller would have been modded which is against the ToU and CoC of live.

Now, as for the hard drive, if you are trying to transfer from the 60 gb hard drive you may not be able to because it is modded.

Just pop the new drive in and redownload your content.

If you have saves on the modded drive, I would recommend moving them to the cloud or the flash drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.