setting up a (2nd) account?

I have an offline profile on my 360 that i would like to connect to LIVE. I don't want, however, the profile to start telling me it's not connected every time I access that account offline.

I just need this account so that we can check for updates for Skylanders that we are having trouble with.

How do I combine an existing email and the profile on my xbox?

ty!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi,

Do you mean you wish to use an email address that is already linked to the main xbox live account?

If so i do not think you can, i think its one email per live account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, the email address is separate. The account I am trying to set up is with a microsoft email that is not linked to anything and an offline xbox gamertag. It doesn't really have anything to do with the first account i have.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your offline account just a profile on your xbox or is it a silver(free) account? If it is just an account then all you would have to do is upgrade it to a silver account and use your email when signing up. You can do this on your xbox by pressing the guide button, then selecting "join xbox live," and follow the on screen instructions. If this is already a silver account, you can change the email address associated with account by xbox.com and visiting my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

An offline "local profile" does not have any sort of e-mail or Windows Live ID attached to it. It's something that's only on your hard drive. If you choose to make your offline profile into a silver profile and you do not connect it to the internet again you will continue to get the "Cannot connect to XBOX Live" message and you'll have to dismiss it. There's unfortunately no way around that.

However, if you already have a silver account you cannot combine it with another account. XBOX Live accounts cannot be combined. 

Sorry this didn't help.