Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region?

Hello, sorry - couldn't find any helpful information on the subject.

Basically, my problem is that whilst I live in Austria, I prefer my OS language, games and streaming contents to be in English. When selecting language options on my Xbox one and picking English, I don't have the option of picking Austria - only countries having English as their official first language.

So far so bad - I could just pick another country, but now the next problem is that I use an Austrian Visa card and my billing address is in Austria, so when I enter the store, I receive an error message telling me that my account and Xbox one location don't match.

Whilst the games I have so far let me pick English as a language, I assume all movies I'd buy would be dubbed in German, which basically renders the entire movie rental/ streaming aspect fundamentally useless to me. Moreover, there's still the lack of an option setting the desired OS language and the correct location at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just pinging a reply on this thread as well, there are lots of others just like it, but none seem to have any attention yet.  I am hoping that if we are active on enough threads we might actually receive an update on this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.