seting up my xbox on my pc

I am try to set up my xbox on my pc i have all ready linked up my media centre but when i go to select music it offeres my hard drive on my xbox and it shows my pc but when i click on my pc through my xbox and go to chose songs to play so i can play them and game at the sametime it asks me if i have set up my xbx on my pc, how do i go bout doing this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can do it through Windows Media Player 12. At the top tool bar next to 'organize', pick 'stream', then open the settings to your xbox. You can than access all your media without using Windows Media Center.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ah, I see.  You can't have the xbox recognized without a program to offer a helping hand.  However, Tversity will do what you are looking for.  I have been using that program for a few years now.  Just add the files you want and refresh the program and you're good to go.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks but I all ready hooked up my media centre its getting my pc to recognize my xbox so that I dont need media centre or any such program to listen to music. I want to be able to select my computer from the music library and chose music that way, so I can play games and listen to music at the sametime which media centre does not allow.  It seems possible but so far I have not figured it out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's a link on how to set up Media Center.  Although to tell the honest truth, I much prefer Tversity over Media Centre.

Sorry this didn't help.