SET UP NEW WINDOWS LIVE ID WITH CORRECT BIRTH DATE, YET STILL CAN'T PLAY EA SPORTS?

A few months back, I purchased a XBOX GOLD membership, with the primary intension of playing EA SPORTS games with friends.  I found out that when I signed up with my old Windows Live ID, the incorrect birthdate was entered, and I was unable to play EA Sports Games.  I was given a credit, which I appreciate.

I set up a NEW WINDOWS LIVE ID with my correct birthdate of October 1967, XXXXXX@hotmail.com   I went into my gamertag:  XXXXX28 and changed my WINDOWS LIVE ID to match the new ID I created with my correct age from the original.  When I did this, I confirmed viewing on the XBOX Screen the age change from the former LIVE ID account to the new LIVE ID account reflected my correct age, born in 1967.

I then purchased a new XBOX GOLD membership.

I went to play MADDEN this evening, only to find out it still is telling me I have an AGE ISSUE!!! I am too young?  How can this be?  My new Windows Live ID was set up with my accurate birth date:  10-04-1967.  I updated my Gamer Tag to use this Windows Live ID. 

Please.  Can you help me with this?  I refuse to pay $59.99 for this gold membership if I can-not play EA SPORTS games.  This is the purpose of it.  I don't know what to do now???? Please advise?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

One more point.  I am using gamertag: tomdawg28 to  make this post.  This gamertag is associated with a LIVE ID of mine which also reflects my correct Birth Date.   On the otherhand, the gamer tag I have in question is now associated with a new LIVE ID which I created today, which also displays the same Older birthdate?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just want to clarify: you were having an issue with a GT accessing content because of age, so you created a new WLID, changed the WLID of that same GT to the new one, and you are still having the same age issue, correct?

If so, the age issue is not with the WLID, but the GT itself. Once created, it has an age based on the birth date you entered or was found from the WLID. This age is now set on that GT and can never be changed. You may have to create a new GT in order to fully correct this age issue. Let me know if the above is correct. If not, we'll come up with some other ideas. Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your response.  I confirm everything you've said here.   My challenge is, I purchased XBOX LIVE GOLD last night on this GT.   Can I change my GT and solve this problem?  Or should I call customer service, request a credit for my GOLD membership, then purchase the Gold membership from a new gamer tag?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is nothing you can do to change the age of your current GT, no. The only way around this is to create a new account with the proper DOB on it. I recommend creating your account on Xbox.com as they give you a few more options to confirm (such as DOB). You can try calling phone support about your Gold refund.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Ezekiell, if you're having a similar issue, we'd be more than happy to help! All you need to do is create your own thread with a full description of the issue and what you've tried. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.