Seriously?

I don't want to hate but why does it seem like, people that are able to ip ban other people, they never get banned?  My previous account "lil saint died" was banned for a purple avatar forever.  I moved on but why are there people who are able to ip ban me and just did?   I have been ip banned 2 times already.  "Ez Is HERE"  just ip banned me and i have proof.  Why does it seem like "we", people with "colored" avatars, get banned forever and people that can ip ban others don't get account banned and console banned.  People don't get life sentences and the death penalty for stealing an iPhone.  If anything ban these people anyway possible and make shorter bans for small stuff...  And basically they can get ip's through parties.  Fix this!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

My friend just got ip banned, by the same guy, and his dad is unable to work right now.  They are literally ruining people's lives through your servers.  Please fix this

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's actually called a denial of service attack.  If it happens to you, contact your ISP and they will investigate and issue your modem with a new IP address. 

How do you know they aren't being banned from LIVE?  Users are suspended from LIVE all the time. What you have to remember is, there are about 30 million users on Xbox LIVE and only a finite amount of enforcement officers.  I may take several weeks or months before these people are suspended from the service, but they will be suspended, I can assure you of that.

These are directed attacks against your Internet connection, they don't go through Xbox LIVE at all. Therefore, the is nothing Microsoft can do about these kinds of attacks other than suspend the perpetrators.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not an IP Ban, if you were IP Banned you would not be able to access XBOX Live (and to my knowledge that is never done)

What your going through is known as a DDOS - Distributed Denial of Service attack where someone sends a flood of packets to your IP Address and overwhelms your network (modem and router) and then kicks you offline. Please read the following article here provided by Microsoft with some tips on what to do if you are experiencing this sort of attack.

Secondly, please do not name and shame others on the XBOX Support forums as it does not help in any way of getting them suspended or banned from XBOX Live for the things they are doing. You will need to follow correct protocol for this sort of action and file a complaint against the person via the XBOX Live Profile. If you need to know how to do this please visit this link here. Following those directions if you are 100% sure that this is the person doing this sort of thing to you and your friends then please file a complaint under Tampering > System Tampering. This person will be investigated and action will be taken by the XBOX Live Enforcement Team.

Thanks. 

Sorry this didn't help.