Seriously? Can't revert to silver.

My gold just ran out and I just want to convert to silver but it won't even let me do that. Only options are "update payment information" or "play offline", you would assume "play offline" meant "convert to silver", but it doesn't. Just kicks me offline, can't see my friends list or even access my DLC/Games I've purchased from Xbox live. So basically Microsoft is telling me I have to pay 10$ a month to play a game I've already purchased....offline? If this is the case I'll just go sell my xbox right now. This is beyond infuriating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
Answer

Little update, noticed I have 11 dollars on my account, figured I'll just use that to get a month and cancel the subscription, but everytime I try it just says "there was a problem with your payment option" (On the xbox) and It's just greyed out on xbox.com, I can even see it as an option under payment options but I cannot click it. Just wtf. I swear Microsoft designs xbox live to frustrate and infuriate people.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Well apparently, I was charged on 6/14 for gold even though my card had no money on it (a card I no longer use), even though it's a month-to-month subscription (seems like it should've ended last month when the charge was declined, then converted to silver...) I was able to keep using live until today when it was declined a second time. And now in order to un-suspend my account I have to pay 19.99 (this and last months) just to convert to silver (in August). I'm not paying anything when all I wanna do is convert to silver....

TL; DR

Microsoft are greedy ***, and I'm switching to sony.  

You can close this topic now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.